carriage station admin fees

If you've just evolved or just started new in Age 6 and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

carriage station admin fees

Postby SCarter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 am

I have a carriage station and I am trying to understand how the fees are calculated.

I have a "minimal fee" of $4.5 and a "Tax collected by the state" of 40%.

It seems like the "minimal fee" is deducted from intrastate fares ("minimum ticket price") and the "tax collected" is deducted on interstate fares (max ticket price). Is this what is actually going on?

For example, my minimum ticket price is $8 and the max is $12. When someone travels intrastate, I get $3.5 which is 8 - 4.5.

When someone travels out of state, I get $7.2, which is 0.6*12. That is $12-$12(0.4).

Thank you.
StarDancing (Age 6 name)
SCarter
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Carter
Clan: Toga Grinder

Re: carriage station admin fees

Postby TEUFELHUNDEN » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:56 pm

It is my understanding that the tax charged is $4.50 or 40%, whichever is greater. So, on the intrastate fee, $4.50 was paid in tax because 40% would have been less than the minimum fee. On the interstate fee, 40% was more than the minimum fee so that was used instead. The easiest way to confirm this is raise your fee for intrastate travel and see what amount the tax paid is.
TEUFELHUNDEN
Mean Doggie!

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: TEUFELDOG
Clan: Coyoticut

Re: carriage station admin fees

Postby SCarter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:48 am

Thank you, this makes sense. Kind of a confusing way to do it, but this is what I need to know. Thanks!
SCarter
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Carter
Clan: Toga Grinder

Return to Age 6 Questions