Gang BONUS BUG? Strength points bug?

If you've just evolved or just started new in Age 6 and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Gang BONUS BUG? Strength points bug?

Postby Karma » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Hello,
I would like to point out 2 things so that devs and admins can check or answer me.

For those of you who dont know it, when you upgrade warrior`s lair to MAX, then you get the bonus feature upgrade. Bonus applies to all members of gang and there are 3 types.
One is for less energy when traveling and one is for better stealing. Last one is calle Elite Extractor and it suppose to double the results of all extracting work you do on trees , mines and quarries without using more energy.

IMO there is a bug with this feature.

i.g. I usually mine 2 irons per click because i have several points in strength. However with more strength i use more energy per click so its same as i clicked twice with 0 strength. That is also a BUG or bad feature since game says that you should mine more with more points. I dont mine more i use more energy and i dont have the option to calculate how much energy i wanna waste (if i wanna extract 1 or 2 irons). Now with GANG BONUS i suppose to mine double with same energy and it doesnt work like that!!!! I mine 4 irons for the energy price of 4x more then usual!!!! Thats same as clicking the button 4 times without Gang bonus and with 0 strength points!!! You get same result with same energy...

So can you explain me is this bug or just badly done mechanics? Whats the point of having bonus or character points if they dont do what they say they do...

Cheers

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: LifeIsKarma
Clan: Arkansniffs

Re: Gang BONUS BUG? Strength points bug?

Postby Eagle » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:05 pm

First, if you think you have found a bug please post in the bugs section:

viewforum.php?f=508

Secondly, this is not a bug. If you read the descriptions carefully it says nothing about less energy, merely that it increases the quantity of extractions. Please refer to the FAQ section for description on strength:

viewtopic.php?f=513&t=23055

just go to Identity in that section.

The gang's lair description is:

Description: Better mine, quarry and forest extractions.

nothing said about energy.
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Postby Karma » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Well thats my point exactly... It is NOT better. They do nothing they just make it worse cause you cannot choose if u wanna extract 1 or 4 or if u wanna waste 30 energy or 120 energy per mining. Both bonuses and strenght points do nothing! I get same result with new character without points when i press extract 4x times.

Whats the point of bonus and points then in this game? Shouldnt they reward ppl who play it on that lvl and who work hard to get there? At this point it only makes it worse and wastes ur energy cause in 99% u dont wanna waste that much energy... When i chop oak planks i use 384 energy per 1 extract!!!

Postby dubjean » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=510&t=23189

Check the energy usage for both chars. You are probably using a bit less energy to extract as your strength/bonuses increase.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Karma » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:11 am

I did check it. Math is easy. You get double the results with double the energy. if 1 iron is 36 energy u get 2 irons for 72...

I am a graduated engineer so i can keep up with numbers ;)

I hope you dont see me as someone who is whining or wanting someone that is unfair. I played every age for years and years. I played when there was only age 1... And i do understand programing and game mechanics. I am just pointing out that mechanics are faulted. They dont do what they suppose to and they are not logical and fair. I hope that is something you can look up and think about it, and eventually balance it... Thats what patches are for, to balance the mechanics and keep the game more attractive and to lure more people with better quality...

All i write comes from heart and from positive wishes for this game and its developers...

Postby Srinu » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:43 am

I will agree Karma on this.... it was really frustrating to me also in the beginning i want to extract only 2 wood but for that to do i used up a double the energy and get 4 oaks... which leaves me with very less energy for other tasks...
Age 1 - Srinu
Age 2 - Srinu
Age 3 - Didn't Play
Age 4 - Didn't Play
Age 5 - Srinu
Age 6 - Srinu
Srinu
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Clan: Eggs Hospitalier

Postby Kismu » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:08 pm

I agree with Karma too. The bonus from the gang for extraction is not so great. In fact it is the other way round. It is worse.

Here is an example to support that. Lets say I want to extract Oaks. It costs me 6 energy per oak, and i extract 12 oaks in one go with out the saw and 14 in one go with the 2 saws.

So, per extraction,I get 14 oaks, it costs, 72 energy, i get 280 exp. Exp/energy = 3.89.

If I am in the gang with the extraction bonus, I get 16 oaks, It costs 84 energy and i get 320 exp. Exp/energy = 3.80.

So clearly, it is not better it is worse. That is the reason why I have quit this gang and joined another gang with a different bonus. It would be nice if this is changed and that gang bonus is attractive to join again.
Age 3 : balian
Age 5 : Kismu
Kismu
Hermit

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Tribe of Panotioi

Postby bbhbc10 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:09 pm

So clearly, it is not better it is worse. That is the reason why I have quit this gang and joined another gang with a different bonus. It would be nice if this is changed and that gang bonus is attractive to join again.

how can you tell what gang gives what bonus?
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Clan: Troglahoma

Postby dubjean » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:19 pm

The Gang Lair can either put it in their description or welcome, if they don't then you won't know unless you ask.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Karma » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:00 pm

or u can see how all ur energy goes out with 2 minnings :nar:

Postby Tisha » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Damn. Should have never put those points into strenght. Now I use double of energy but do not get double of items, only 33% more and that's not fair. :(
Tisha
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Caribou Sniffers

Postby Karma » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:38 pm

ye they refuse to admit how mechanics are flawed and we are pretty much screwed... what me and wifey did is delete warriors and take another bonus....

Postby Tisha » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:45 am

You extracted 4 Oak planks. It cost you 192 energy pts and earnt you 80 XP.

Until now I was extractig 3 Oak planks for 98 energy and received 60XP.

The energy is now is almost double but only gives me 1 more oak. I am equipped with 2 saws.

The only thing changed is that I leveled up and added all the points to strenght.

Do you think it is a bug ?
Tisha
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Caribou Sniffers

Postby Karma » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:04 pm

i think whole mechanic is flawed... if u get tools that give u +1 then u shouldnt use energy to get that 1 more... if u get bonus that says better extract then u should get better results with same energy... same thing with strength it SAYS better minning with more points but its worse not better and there is absolutely no benefit of any skill point cause the mechanics are flawed.... i dont even have an option to decide myself how much i wanna work and how much energy i wanna waste... and most of time i dont even need 4 oaks i need just 1.....

it is very bad, very bad mechanic.......

Postby double » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:22 pm

http://forum.human-age.com/viewtopic.php?f=510&t=23189#p778705

4 Oak planks. It cost you 192 energy pts and earnt you 80 XP. --> 2 free oak + 2 using 96 nrg each

3 Oak planks for 98 energy and received 60XP. -> 2 free oak + 1 using 98 nrg

just meant the increase in str just passed the tier whereby the character can extract 2 wood at a go, in addition to using less energy for 1 wood.
for this tier of strength , yup, you lose out since it is obvious buy 1 get 2 free is better than buy 2 and get 2 free. The only way , if one wishes to keep extract/mine, is to keep increasing strength to focus on lowering NRG required for 1 wood.
or in Tisha's case , turn to picking or other work since it takes too much NRG currently to do mining and extraction for the moment.

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Next

Return to Age 6 Questions