Trojan virus from Kingdom Age?

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Trojan virus from Kingdom Age?

Postby PenZuzu » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Yesterday, or since the last game reset, I began having trouble with a Trojan type virus. I closed all other web pages, so that the only page I was using was Kingdom Age. My virus protection software is Microsoft Security Essentials, and it seems to be catching the virus before it can harm me or my computer. But it is annoying to see the notice pop up almost every time I take an action on the web page! I open a farm field, and have to clean the virus. I look into my barn to care for the animals, and have to wait again while the virus is removed. Over and over. It doesn't happen *every* time the page refreshes, but it's definitely most of the time: maybe something like 80% of the refreshes bring up a new threat alert.

Here is the web site my anti-virus software links for information about the virus:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?name=Trojan%3aJS%2fIframeRef&threatid=2147638646

I am hoping that this issue can be resolved very quickly, because I enjoy the game, and I have responsibilities to other players as I am the current Mayor of a village.

Please let me know if I need to provide more information. Thanks for any help!
PenZuzu
Newcomer

Re: Trojan virus from Kingdom Age?

Postby Eagle » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Try clearing your cache and let me know if it helps.
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Postby PenZuzu » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:18 am

I removed all "temporary internet files" using my browser's tool. I'm using IE5. This did NOT eliminate the problem. The next time I logged into Age 5, it happened again, just like before.

Someone I know suggested that the virus trigger might be stored in my Java folder. Does that seem likely to you?
PenZuzu
Newcomer

Postby PenZuzu » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:54 pm

It's still happening! Please help!
PenZuzu
Newcomer

Postby Eagle » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:12 pm

You might try to update your IE to the latest version (IE9) or try another browser..such as chrome.
Eagle

Postby PenZuzu » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:28 pm

My computer won't support IE9, but I tried upgrading to IE8 and discovered that I'm already using it! I thought I was using IE5 because of one of the messages I was getting, I don't remember where I saw it, though. :eh:

So, is there any other help you can offer? Or do I have to quit the game in order to stop getting these annoying threats?

Thanks! :)
PenZuzu
Newcomer

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm

only other thing i can suggest is to try another browser like chrome. there is no virus attached to kingdom age that i am aware of . i haven't gotten a message nor others i spoke to. other than that the only thing i can suggest is changing your anti virus setting to allow kingdom age, though i don't know if you feel comfortable with that or not. oh and is that current on updates?
Eagle

Return to Age 5 Questions