Church Crisis

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Church Crisis

Postby Abydos1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:54 am

:hmmm: It has come to my attention that we've been having problems with getting enough believers to celebrate mass in the kingdoms. Too many days have gone by without any masses because not enough are donating to the church in their clan or other clans as well. We must set aside our differences and contribute as a unit between all the clans to solve this crisis for the time being. Leaders in all clans should encourage their fellow clanspeople by all means necessary to donate to their church as well as other churches if they can especially for those who have a Steed of Chaos. This way we will have more masses celebrated in order to help those trying to complete the 2nd Quest which gives the ability to donate to the church. It will most certainly increase the number of believers if we all work together. Thanks and best of luck. :thumbup:
Age 5 - Abby & Aurum with the heart of gold
Age 3 - Abydos1 & the glorious Firebird cutefidgety
Age 2 - Former Lefty Chief Hotdog & Former Lefty Chieftess cutefidget
Abydos1
Active neighbour

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Abby
Clan: Left Handers

Re: Church Crisis

Postby angel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:09 am

Good incentive Abby. I have a Steed and will be donating to all :D
angel
Newcomer

Character name: angel
Clan: Crusaders of the Sword

Postby StarBright » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:10 am

Abby, the title to the thread should be “The age 5 crisis cont.”. This age has been messed up for a long time and the top mod and coders have done nothing but make it worse. It will get a reputation that it’s worse than age 3 and everyone that has played age 3 should be worried.

Months ago a player, on behalf of a few players, messaged Chris with a list of worries to what was happening with this age. He did reply, which was a surprise but then not much has been done. They had the chance then to listen to players who have played the game from age 1.

There was at the peak of age 5 not as many unique players in the English one as the French version. Therefore the English version should have been treated different from the French version but it wasn’t. The church should have been changed once it was realised. You could make the cost of mass dependant on how many people are in the clan. More people the higher the cost. That is the simple way of doing it but it’s the way that makes the most sense. Then it would stop the clans with huge numbers of multi’s dominating and picking on the others with holy wars. There is a lot they could have done to help age 5 be a better age but they didn’t. They made change after change that only made the age worse to play for a lot of people. That in turn made them quit. Less people, fewer masses and fewer people being able to play this age to the full. Could that also mean less people in future ages?

If nothing is done to change it now, then it would be the final nail in the coffin of age 5. People that start at age 1 would need the option to skip age 5 and evolve straight to age 6 from age 4. But then how could people trust the coders haven’t made the same mistakes again in age 6 ad future ages? The pessimist in me feels it could be the beginning of the end for this game and that would be a shame.

Or is it too late? Has the final nail already been driven? Now that age 6 is open, will the coders do enough to make a positive change?
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby spindrift » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:34 pm

I think the biggest problem is the cost of believers, 2500 for a mass, and no way do we get that many back for a mass and donators.
Even if everyone with a steed donated to every kingdom, it would still be a struggle to make back the cost of mass
If the cost in believers could be lowered, it would mean mass could be set on a regular basis, and those doing the quest could move on with the game much easier
I like the idea of cost relating to number of members in the clan. As much as they are pretty even at the moment, it would automatically solve the problem should we have another incident of the multis taking over
Like many I have worked my way through the ages, and I would hate to see the numbers of players dropping, but if something isn't done its unfortunately inevitable. People play the game for many reasons, but hanging around for weeks waiting for clans to be able to set mass would make a lot of people go play other games while they wait, and then don't see the point in coming back.
Lets keep the players moving through the quests at a reasonable pace, and we would keep more players.
Please act now before there isn't enough to make this age viable
spindrift
Active neighbour

Clan: Caribou Sniffers

Postby stig » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Further to everyone's post on the number of church believers in all kingdoms and the inability to make enough to have mass on a regular basis.

On checking my kingdom's believers I noted that for now reason whatsoever we have lost 200 believers. This we can ill afford to do and in effect now we will be unable to set a mass, as we had hoped to do, on this coming Monday.

We will now delay the progression of folk wanting to do the quest through no fault of our own but at the whim of the coding.

The english version has consistently struggled to gain believers because of the lack of active players and feel some adjustment needs to be done to reflect this situation.

It is a sad fact that if players cannot progress they become bored and eventually pause and leave the game, please look at this problem and lets make the game more accessible for those that want to attain all it can offer :thumbup:

Stig- Age 5 - Beloved Queen of the Crusaders of the Sword
Demetra Age 4 ex-Chief of the Children of Selene
Gramma to Juni, Momsie to Mixed - very puzzled
stig
Shy neighbour

Character name: stig

Postby Juni » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let know that, I am looking into this with the coders and hoping they will be able to do something about it.
I can't promise anything for sure but we will try our best to see what can be done to salvage the situation.
Juni
Girl From Mars

Character name: Juni
Clan: Friend to All

Postby stig » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks Juni for coming back on this one and lets hope a solution can be found :thumbup:

stig
Shy neighbour

Postby dubjean » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Thank you for checking into it for us! :luv:
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Lawz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:39 am

Thank you Juni :D You are cool.
Lawz
Kiwi Pest

Clan: Coyoticut

Postby StarBright » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Even if nothing happens, though I hope it does, well done to Abby for creating this thread and for the few that posted before Juni has. Without Abby starting this thread again the topic would of been forgotten as few people bother to post on this forum, let alone create topic. I know there was another topic, but it died without a fight. :thumbup: So, again, thank you abby. :thumbup:
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Postby stig » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Well to be honest I do not see the point in working hard to attain believers when once again the coding has removed 300 believers in one fell swoop.

That is now 700 in the last few days and might as well not bother carrying on.

As Leader of CoS I, and my colleagues, work hard to make the game right for the players and we are being thwarted from doing this.

Please, please, please do something about it soon before even I get fed up :eek:

Update: We seem to have got some of our believers back :woohoo:

stig
Shy neighbour

Postby StarBright » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm

stig wrote:Well to be honest I do not see the point in working hard to attain believers when once again the coding has removed 300 believers in one fell swoop.

That is now 700 in the last few days and might as well not bother carrying on.

As Leader of CoS I, and my colleagues, work hard to make the game right for the players and we are being thwarted from doing this.

Please, please, please do something about it soon before even I get fed up :eek:

Update: We seem to have got some of our believers back :woohoo:

:woohoo: That's awesome.
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Postby Verena » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Juni wrote:I just wanted to let know that, I am looking into this with the coders and hoping they will be able to do something about it.
I can't promise anything for sure but we will try our best to see what can be done to salvage the situation.

That sounds good :D While fixing this (by making the number of believers scale with people in the clan ?) would make a great Christmas present :wish: , I wouldn't mind if something got done earlier :whistle:
Age 4: Verana - Age 3: Verena - Age 2: Verana - Age 1: Verona

Multi-Xat for Human Age at http://xat.talk4fun.net
Verena
Newcomer

Character name: Verana
Clan: Left Handers

Postby dubjean » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:12 am

Looking at our believer numbers, it seems something has been done. We appreciate whatever it is! :dance:
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby bbhbc10 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:51 am

the TP will no longer be able to hold Mass anymore either...we have lost close to 30k in the past few months (esp. since age 6 opened) and can't replace them as quick as we are losing them

would be nice if holding mass was free and the believers were only used for holy wars :whistle:
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Clan: Troglahoma

Next

Return to Age 5 Questions