For The Attention of Chris!!!

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

For The Attention of Chris!!!

Postby StarBright » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Just a few questions that I would like answered over something’s in KA.

1. Why when there are any changes that effect how and what people do in KA, there is no mention to this on the forum? (recently) An older age, age 3, was recently updated and it appeared on the forum but nothing about the changes to KA. Also, in my opinion, players would like to know, from those that do the changes, why they have done them. Some of the recent changes have left me scratching my head trying to get around how they make this game more fun. Why should thieves be restricted to 25 steals when hunters, warriors can do their “thing” as many times as they can? Yes, there is a limit to how many times all the thieves can steal before the god message comes up. But at least then people know on good days they have the choice to steal as much as they would like to and not be restricted to what they can spend their money on. I don’t know where to start on the new rule about thieves being bounty hunters, so all I will say is why other “careers/roles” restricted from joining certain guilds? Or is it purely those who complain the loudest and most get their way?

2. Voting. This has been brought up before by other people but nothing has been done so here it is again. In clan elections and polls placed by the leader, why can the people with the most characters twist any of them in their favour? If this age, and all other ages supposedly, was based on what the people want, why isn’t it restricted to one vote per person/pc and not one vote per character? Fifteen people with three characters each can easily beat thirty people who only have one character each. Is that fair? Should the majority of people be forced into making multi’s so that they actually have their voice heard? People can’t buy items off of the market from someone on the same ISP. Also, you can’t use one character to help another one of yours, so in a way you could say using one or two characters to vote for something is helping one of your characters with a multi(s). I again would like to hear from the people at “the top” to why that is allowed.

3. Why isn’t there a report button in the in game thread?. In recent times with WoA attacking who they want whenever they want, some of the posts in the threads are becoming a bit too personal. I know there is are mods to monitor the threads, but it’s a lot to do once you add all the locked threads that exist. So I’m asking if a report button can be added to each post so if something gets a bit personal, someone can report it so the mods can get their quicker and react how they deem to be fit. The forum has it, so why can’t the in game one? I know nothing about how the mods find it, but couldn’t this make their job easier and stop people posting in a certain way if they know anyone can report a post easy. And for those who abuse this button, could also be punished with something like an in game forum ban.

Thanks in advanced for the answers to any of the questions if they are given. :)
Last edited by StarBright on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Child of Selene

Re: Questions for those at the top.....

Postby psye » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 pm

I really back the voting one. Even with those who live together having to 'share' votes.. this would cut back on so many multi votes and the truth behind what a clan majority wants would be found. Perhaps the coders could look into something like this, rather than taking away further from other aspects of the game.
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby dubjean » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:05 pm

:shock: We agree again!

Changes should be posted here no matter how small they seem as they do affect gameplay. It seems we find out about most of them when we try to do something. Even the change in gems mined was not stated here, we assumed there was a change due to the amounts suddenly showing up.

Restrictions on thieving should not be singled out. Hunters, etc are taking the same advantage by using multiple energy pots to continue doing their thing as long as they are online.

Voting and polls are worse in a5 not only because of multis but because some are willing to switch clans to have their vote recorded and then switch back.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Tandromeda » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:59 pm

I agree on the voting too, of course some of our players know how to switch IP's so I don't know if that would really solve the issue entirely, just make it abused less maybe. It would also be nice to have a report button in the forums, it does get heated at times and a lot of uncalled for comments are made. I would also like to see an end to the empty wars.. but I think admin are pretty well aware of that already. :whistle:
Former Age 2 FF Chief
Former Age 2 HD Chief
Former Queen of WoA Age 5
Tandromeda
Active neighbour

Character name: Tandromeda
Clan: Wolves of Asgard

Postby StarBright » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:59 pm

:eek: Not again!! *must think of more drastic ideas in the future* :lol:

Tandromeda wrote:I agree on the voting too, of course some of our players know how to switch IP's so I don't know if that would really solve the issue entirely, just make it abused less maybe. It would also be nice to have a report button in the forums, it does get heated at times and a lot of uncalled for comments are made. I would also like to see an end to the empty wars.. but I think admin are pretty well aware of that already. :whistle:

Yes.. but then that would be cheating... real cheating that is. :tsk:

If you end empty wars it would mess up village wars. There are a lot of villages out there that set as many wars as possible as they can. Sometimes the only person who takes part in the are the ones who set it. Just because you were out thought by clans attacking yours, it doesn't mean the game should be changed so it messes it up for many others. How would you change it to? Make a war only launch if you have 5%.. 10%.. 15% of the clans population? Make it only possible to launch one war against a certain clan per hour? I'm glad the admin's know about this but hopefully common sense wins here for once.

Hopefully Chris will show his head in this thread soon and answer the original questions. :D
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Postby DragonFly » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Tandromeda wrote: I would also like to see an end to the empty wars.. but I think admin are pretty well aware of that already. :whistle:

:doi: Yes admins & just about everyone with an open thread are well aware of what you want as you seem to keep posting it everywhere whether its on topic or not :ontopic:

AS for the voting issue, yes its extremely unfair. I have my multi's but I do not use them for multiple votes. I vote blank votes every time. I will admit tho even in my clan those are the only blank votes that show up. I know I dont have the only multi's so it is being used to sway votes for sure. It should be changed, my vote & no one elses should not count for more than one opinion. Some clans may have a harder time adjusting to not using that cheat :whistle: but it will benefit the true desires of the players and not just a twisted few.

The robbers changes are just insane to me and im about to die from withdraws :eek: but ive made my point clearly in another thread but still have not seen a reply. viewtopic.php?f=482&t=22731 link to it in case your curious :thumbup:

Would love to see a report button, its much needed
Ї @м Ḳαℛм@

ℱℱ Å₥♭@ṧ﹩αḓ◎я & ฿αηк℮ґ
℣ḯℓℓα❡ℯ ◎ḟ ℭ@мℯℓ◎т ℬυїℓ∂εя
Åℊℯs 3&4 ℱℱ ℃ℓ@ᾔ ₡♄ї℮ƒ ❣
Ṕяαℯṫøґḯ@ᾔ ¢ø♄◎ґт Ṽḯʟℓα❡ε ℭ♄ḯℯƒ

▪▪▪ αᾔḓ αℓʟ @яøυᾔḓ ßα∂ ℊїяℓ ♥

DragonFly
Shy neighbour

Character name: DragonFly
Clan: Falcons of Florence

Postby psye » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:22 am

Hey maybe they should make a button like the 'hero' button and put it on all the multis :lol: give the age a huge activity check to those not paused and delete those characters not claimed. :twisted:
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Postby StarBright » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: That would be fantastic!

Any mods out there....? :angel:
Edit - With the recent events happening in KA, i think at least one of these questions could be look at and maybe i'm pushing it, even answered!! :evil: I've waited awhile now with no luck. :(
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Postby psye » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 am

He has been around though, he answered a PM directly :roll:
psye
Hermit

Postby StarBright » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Yep and juni posted in a thread in this section too. Maybe i should change the title of the thread. :lol:
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Postby Sterre » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I think changing the title isn't a bad idea. May be you should start also a petition and try to get atleast 50 signatures (though 100 would be better). That's a thing for sure that Chris can't ignore.

Btw hi everyone..
Sterre
Village idiot

Re: For The Attention of Chris!!!

Postby StarBright » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey sterre!

Think the title is a bit more obvious now! :lol:
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Postby psye » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:09 am

Already on it Sterre :lol:
psye
Hermit

Postby wyldheart » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:23 pm

I know the problem of multi's being used for political and war purposes is a hot issue. however a multi that is playing the game actively working on their trade doing the quest, taking parts in all facets of the game and was not created for purposes of swaying wars or votes is as much a valid player as is any other player of this game. I can not see why their choice for clan leader is not just as valid.There needs to be other restrictions than the mere fact that you are a second character.

Perhaps multi's who have not progressed to a certain level or trade level and other such requirements would be more fair. which may put a lot of work into working things out, but a character playing the game to the fullest should not be penalized for the offensive acts of others!
My multi does wear a badge attached below to my sig! I have made it no secret who she was ever. She was made with no political or war goals in mind. Yes she voted for me! :D whether or not I had been running my second character as long as she is contributing to the clan should be allowed to have vote. :thumbup:

Just a note My multi is 75 days old has completed a trade and is working a second makes regular clan donations. Has completed the hunting quest and is level 18. Donates to her village.
Buys and sells her goods on her clan market so her taxes stay in her Clan. What has she done that makes her not valid citizen? :nope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_6QitSMLc
wyldheart
Village idiot

Character name: Wyldspirit
Clan: Templars of Gaia

Postby dubjean » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:09 pm

I think most of us agree with you, Wyldheart! :thumbup:
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Next

Return to Age 5 Questions