Picking tweaked?

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Picking tweaked?

Postby Daaiya » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 am

Has the game been tweaked? Players, including myself, seem to get the "Unfortunately this time you were not able to pick anything message" a lot lately. Even though they have the right tools, the pets and are in the Picker's guild.
Daaiya
I haz Darth Kitteh

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Re: Picking tweaked?

Postby psye » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:49 am

Yep, wasted a bunch of energy trying and just gave up.
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby ouldmom4 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:32 am

I am as frustrated as everyone else.. can not pick mandrake or sage two most needed items to make items for the trade.. it is a waste of energy to go on this way.. I am thinking of changing trades and I am at 278 points..

I have two spades, have a squirrel, and in the pickers guild.. I am not getting that much of the message that says I did not pick anything but the amount of nettle leaves and pepper is horrible that is all I pick... urgh :censored:

{My Children Are My World}
ouldmom4
Hermit

Character name: ouldmom4
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby double » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:17 pm

It should be the same, I suppose. Luck is pretty much the determinant for picking. Since everyone knows the real value of certain plants, in a way they can be considered rare , on the other hand, that's how you may be able to get profits from them, even though there are a lot of blank picks which are frustrating. I won't really comment on the xp you get as compared to other activities too :lol:

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby Smerk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:09 am

There was a thread on this long ago... Lets see if I can recap.
Use a shovel and a sickle, but it seems the Squirrel gives you more nuts than roots and leaves.
Also your ability is affected by your level and stats, just like everything else around here...

Smerk
Smerk
Hermit

Character name: Smerk
Clan: Knights of the Round Belly

Postby bbhbc10 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Smerk wrote:There was a thread on this long ago... Lets see if I can recap.
Use a shovel and a sickle, but it seems the Squirrel gives you more nuts than roots and leaves.
Also your ability is affected by your level and stats, just like everything else around here...

Smerk

took some digging and yeah it was long, long ago...couldn't find anything about squirrels and picking more nuts though :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=482&t=21376

Juni wrote:Picking is very luck based. Weather has no influence, but indeed skills is an influence.
The choice of tool used also changes what you pick.
Spade: Increases the picking of Mandrake and Garlic
Sickle: Increases the picking of Sage and Chamomile
Knife: Increases the picking of Rosemary, Arnica, Fly Agaric, Borage & Belladonna
Without a Tool: Nettle and Thyme
*increases, doesn't mean you will only get these items

viewtopic.php?p=765223#p765223

Re: Picking plants--none found in 24 hours ???

Unread postby Chris@home » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:42 am
I'm afraid it's simply a bad run of luck. Remember to keep your health and morale up and not just the stats, as they have an influence over the number of plants you pick too!

Re: Picking plants--none found in 24 hours ???

Postby Chris@home » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:29 am
Nope, the health and morale of your pet doesn't influence the plant picking apparently!
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Game Age: 6-Western
Clan: Troglahoma

Postby Olikea » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 am

I had this problem too, but the last week is much better.. I have picked much more then before..
Age 1: Nikki, Age 2: Nikki, Age 5: Lady Payton & Marit, Age 6: Miss Daisy & Yanaba
Olikea
Newcomer

Character name: Lady Payton
Clan: Templars of Gaia

Postby Swift79 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:42 am

As a fellow alchemist, I share the same feeling described in the previous posts... however, I have noticed that I have a higher chance of picking mandrake roots, for example, nearby water. So, I always equip myself with a couple of spades and try my luck at picking plants where fishing spots are located. I have also noticed that the time of the day influences the outcome too! I am not saying that there is a 100% guarantee but the chances improve greatly! I have even been lucky enough to pick 2 sets of 2 mandrake roots in one of my outings... all in all, it is just pot luck! :lol:
Neaira, Chieftess of the Bursting Bellies

Naevia, Age 2
Neaira, Age 2
Kassandra, Age 4
Freya, Age 5

"Upon the conduct of each, depends the fate of all..."
Swift79
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Character name: Neaira
Clan: Bursting Bellies

Return to Age 5 Questions