Robbers Changes

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Robbers Changes

Postby psye » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:24 am

A secret group of very influent robbers have decreed that you cannot attempt to steal more than 20 times a day.

You cannot attempt any more robberies today!

20????

So we 'have' to be in the guild to make use out our credit capes?? The guild, as far as we know, does nothing the cape doesn't do but advertise our right to watch the role play that other guild members amuse themselves with. Why the change ??
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Clan: Arkansniffs

Re: Robbers Changes

Postby DragonFly » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:39 pm

You have 0 attempts remaining today. :censored: This sucks. Im just starting my day and Im already out of attempts. No being in the robbers guild doesnt make a difference, you still only get 20. What a bad change, who cried enough to get this :violin: ? There are some really messed up things here. The influences of some of the players is starting to make this a real sad game. Im getting sad too, Ive been playing it forever and am super disappointed in the changes that have been made in the last few months. Its not just the robber restrictions, xp gain doesnt make any sense , mercenaries were screwed awhile back & now are getting it again, security changes made protection impossible without spending cash on the game and it just keeps going. The robber restrictions are crazy tho. I spend cash on a credit item cape and now Im limited to how many times I can use it per day. Why does my steed not give me only 20 free travels per day or maybe my relic should only give me extra energy for half the day oh oh or you can make my key only protect me so many times... I think you get the idea. Why is there only one change? This is my choice for a career in this game. Am I supposed to buy, carry and store extra tools and armor so I can excel in another path after my job runs out for the day? I buy weapons and clothing that peak my skills for my trade just like everyone else does & those items dont max my potential for other jobs to spend my extra energy on. Id have to have a complete second set to change over to. Why are hunters not limited on times they can hunt? Why are miners not limited to how many times they can extract? Farmers should only be able to work so many fields per day, right? Someones complaining about being robbed obviously but so what, get real, every aspect of this game has a bad side to it. Everyone can get everyone else if they know how to play to their advantage. Only reason its seen as bad is we have a title. No one complains about all the other ways your being robbed all thru this game. It doesnt make sense to me to spend money to buy a cape I cant use as I want & a relic that gives me extra energy that I cant spend as I want & if Im not doing that anymore whats the use of my steed if I just have to mine on my land anyhow. This isnt right.
Ї @м Ḳαℛм@

ℱℱ Å₥♭@ṧ﹩αḓ◎я & ฿αηк℮ґ
℣ḯℓℓα❡ℯ ◎ḟ ℭ@мℯℓ◎т ℬυїℓ∂εя
Åℊℯs 3&4 ℱℱ ℃ℓ@ᾔ ₡♄ї℮ƒ ❣
Ṕяαℯṫøґḯ@ᾔ ¢ø♄◎ґт Ṽḯʟℓα❡ε ℭ♄ḯℯƒ

▪▪▪ αᾔḓ αℓʟ @яøυᾔḓ ßα∂ ℊїяℓ ♥

DragonFly
Shy neighbour

Character name: DragonFly
Clan: Falcons of Florence

Postby dubjean » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 pm

:shock: I agree with you! Wonder who is next to get tweaked....

It seems they just want us to all-out war or fill the markets with stuff because those have become our 2 options. Less steeds will be bought, less capes, less energens.. seems like they're hurting themselves as much as the players. I don't like the thieving but adjustments could have been made other ways.. lower the amount stolen from players or something so thieves can do their thing without antagonizing other players as much. It also keeps you closer to home if you're not going to other Kingdoms, in your case to steal and in mine to merc making you less aware of what is going on elsewhere and segregating you. Who would pay attention to more villages elsewhere?

Maybe your adjustment was made as there were too many thieves so they were getting the "can't steal here" notification. This means more thieves can steal but fewer times. There must be another way to stop that too.. only allow people to be thieves that are in the Guild, idk just other options.

It was also posted in the merc thread that not only should the rankings there be reset monthly but also robbers due to the changes. :whistle:
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby StarBright » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:39 pm

dubjean wrote:Maybe your adjustment was made as there were too many thieves so they were getting the "can't steal here" notification. This means more thieves can steal but fewer times. There must be another way to stop that too.. only allow people to be thieves that are in the Guild, idk just other options.:

Yes, and make only the people in the hunting guild be able to hunt, only those in the monks guild be able to use the relics etc... If you change one thing that effects something, then you need to change everything similar to make it fair for all. :whistle:
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby psye » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:24 am

Don't fight her when she agrees, its scary enough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cape costs 10 credits, for 13 days, for 20 steals. Now the game is robbing us. Many of us have supported this game for a long time with credits, and now you're just insulting us. I am hurt that they have decided to treat us like this.

Bravo, I have stopped stealing, it just isn't worth it to me anymore.
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby dubjean » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Yeah, scared me too! :lol:

I was just throwing different options out there and actually only Mercs can join the other wars..yeah, what wars and who's hiring :roll: , only Monks can use other Kingdoms relics, and only Bounty Hunters can catch thieves so it's not way out of line. Trying to think outside the box on how a different tweak could help instead of limiting you.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby StarBright » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm

psye wrote:Don't fight her when she agrees, its scary enough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The cape costs 10 credits, for 13 days, for 20 steals. Now the game is robbing us. Many of us have supported this game for a long time with credits, and now you're just insulting us. I am hurt that they have decided to treat us like this.
Bravo, I have stopped stealing, it just isn't worth it to me anymore.

Pfft... You call that fighting? :tsk: :lol:

At the moment in time they have made it difficult to do two of the main features in this game that have been around for a while. Why there weren’t any changes to the other main parts of some people’s game? Almost what dragonfly said too. But I couldn’t be bothered to post something of the same length.

I’ve never really been a proper merc, I never had the time to war hop all day. But maybe they could change it so it’s similar to the way it used to be. The person who set the war has the choice to whether they want mercs or not. If they chose yes, then a wage would be paid. Though it could be the minimum of 1 crown, depends on the village or clan. If they have the money in the clan or village when a merc signs up for a war, they are automatically added to the war. If they don’t have the cash, then it would take someone to donate the cash for them to join up. That’s a bit more of a compromise then the current way they changed it to.

As for stealing, I don’t get why someone who has bought a credit item, whether it to help the game or themselves, should be restricted on the amount they can use it. Before it was changed, yes it did annoy me that some people were taking most of the steals. However I knew that they were just quicker than me and they have all the right to steal as much as I do. Now however, this limit hasn’t changed anything. It’s just created even more annoyed thieves. When my current cape runs out, I won’t be buying another one, which is like a few other people I know. But then that will save me buying anymore credits as they will last longer. So I guess I can say thanks for that.
Maybe a blue moon will come out and these changes will be at least edited so people can enjoy some of the game again, but I won’t hold my breath or it will be me that is blue.
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby bbhbc10 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:53 am

I’ve never really been a proper merc, I never had the time to war hop all day. But maybe they could change it so it’s similar to the way it used to be. The person who set the war has the choice to whether they want mercs or not. If they chose yes, then a wage would be paid. Though it could be the minimum of 1 crown, depends on the village or clan. If they have the money in the clan or village when a merc signs up for a war, they are automatically added to the war. If they don’t have the cash, then it would take someone to donate the cash for them to join up. That’s a bit more of a compromise then the current way they changed it to.

i totally agree with this part. i set up some of our village wars and it's just too much for me to set the war, accept the mercs then have to be around when the war fights to make sure that they get paid and get to participate instead of deserting because we either got pillaged of our village money sometime after our war was launched and before it fights.

if you can take the money from me right away when i register for the jousting competition and i get to participate then why can't you take the money away from our village coffers when i accept any mercs? if there isn't enough money in the village coffers then i could make a small donation on the spot to cover their wages so they will get to fight.

or am i wrong and the mercs do get paid now when i accept them and they get to fight? the last time i set up a war and allowed mercs. i accepted one into our war but we didn't have enough money in the coffers when the war fought and they had to desert.

i would love to be able to set up a war, allow mercs and not have to accept them and if they decide to sign up they would get paid right away and get to take part but this would still prove to be a little difficult..we still would have to be around to make sure that the village had enough money to pay the mercs. at the time they wanted to sign up for our war. A lot of us don't have defences up so anyone attacking will get XP (unless you get shot by one of those :censored: arrows) but that also means we are open to being pillaged and the money set aside for the mercs would be taken and they would not get paid and not be accepted
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Clan: Troglahoma

Return to Age 5 Questions