RULES 4 CHAT THREADS

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

RULES 4 CHAT THREADS

Postby Lawz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:22 am

Hi admin,

I cannot seem to find any rules or guidelines for posters participating in the chat threads in age 5. Am I correct? I would suggest this is really important to have!!

Thank you :)

Laura
Lawz
Kiwi Pest

Game Age: 6-Western
Clan: Coyoticut

Re: RULES 4 CHAT THREADS

Postby Lawz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:13 am

Is it possible to have the chat threads in age 5 moderated please.....?! :shock:
Lawz
Kiwi Pest

Clan: Coyoticut

Postby double » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 am

which thread do you have difficulty in ? :shock:

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby SCarter » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:00 am

The "Attacks by Wolves" thread, started by Ekho, really needs moderation. Juni posted on the thread for people to change previous posts and tone down future posts, but daccad's call for Ekho to be "hanged" is still there. That is unconscionable (metaphoric or not) and seems to me to flagrantly violate rule 1.1 forbidding insults and personal attacks.

I'd at least like to see that comment removed.

I have heard that on the WA private threads words like "genocide" and "sociopath" are thrown around. These, too, seem inconsistent with rule 1.1.

Thank you
Carter (Age 5)
SCarter
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Carter
Clan: Toga Grinder

Postby double » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 am

OP edited it to be figurative speech. not too sure about the private one though - I guess the admins will keep en eye whenever possible :thumbup:

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby SCarter » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Who is OP? ( I should know this, but I am blanking on it, at the moment. sorry)

It still says

daccad 19.01.1211 (Edited 1 times)
I use ONLY truth and arguments. Ekho will be hanged in the public square of Aragon for her lies (figurative speaking, of course).

Not everything is excused by calling it "figurative" especially since this is one of many epithets that WA members have hurled against Ekho, personally. How is that not a "personal attack"? This is a role playing game - everything is "figurative" in a sense. But in the context of the game, it's a personal threat.

Regarding the private threads, they are part of the game and should be held to the same rules as the public threads. All of WA has access to them. Should everyone reading that thread be subjected to that kind of verbiage? Should the message be that if it's a "private" thread you can speak any incendiary remarks you like (especially if you say "metaphorically"?) It's not ok to go around calling people, by name, "sociopaths" and calling wars "genocide." These words are being used for the sole purpose of being inflammatory.

Thank you for responding so quickly to my post above. I do appreciate being heard (even if, in the end, we don't agree. :) )

Sincerely
Carter (Age5)
SCarter
Hermit

Postby dubjean » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:40 am

Thanks Carter! :luv: (and posting it in public again :lol: )
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby SCarter » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 am

Some threads have disappeared. Thank you, admin. :)
SCarter
Hermit

Postby Sterre » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 am

SCarter wrote:Some threads have disappeared. Thank you, admin. :)

not only threads..
Sterre
Village idiot

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby daccad » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:41 pm

This is a personal interpretation for Ekho. This was an irony, not an insult (insults are words who insult someone, like idiot, insane or fool, and there was plenty of this adressed to me; i sent messages in e-mail to chris, in PM to tirieleine and revolutionary and nothing happen!!). And for those players who understand harder, i specificated this is a metaphoric matter of speach. It's not a personal attack, it's an attitude IN GAME against an enemy of our kingdom who called me tyrant and lier. And she called me a lier OFF GAME, for a thing she said i posted OFF GAME.
I want to ask administrators and moderators to be very careful with this player, Ekho, because i never said anything about genocide or other things like this. I also was heavily insulted in Ekho's thread and i choosed to not post anymore there. I'm glad that thread was deleted, but i ask publicly if all people posting there against me was punished or not. They really insulted me, calling me a kid and so on.
Please, administrators and moderators, to threat people equaly. Also i want to inform you in LH was suddenly created over 40 underaged accounts.

Thank you for reading.
daccad
Newcomer

Postby Heroi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Lawz, we will take your suggestion in consideration.

However, I see this thread is about to be derailed into a discussion on the recent events, and the subsequent punishments. We don't want this kind of matter to be publically discussed. As the rules say:

2. The following content and/or behavior is strictly forbidden:
vii. Discussion of in-game and forum bans or violations.

Therefore, this thread will be closed. Thanks for your understanding.
:luv:
Heroi
Quê? Bluetooth?

Clan: Arkansniffs

Return to Age 5 Questions