Losing Church believers

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Re: Losing Church believers

Postby Quark » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:54 pm

I dunno, it's starting to look like it is all totally random, and we have no control over it. :censored:

meanwhile we continue to bleed believers
on 24.10 at 05:04 we had 1544
by 24.10 at 16:01 it had dropped to 1472
and by 24.10 at 19:38 it's down to 1305

during that time I saw no beggars to help. the beggars in the rumor mill come from earlier, they are actually the 30 beggars helped before update

24.10.1210 at 19:10 The mother superior in charge of feeding the needy tells you she fed 2 hungry mouths at a cost of 10 crown(s).
24.10.1210 at 11:10 Rumour has it that the church has received 670 crowns from 37 generous donators over the last 24 hours.
24.10.1210 at 11:10 The hospital welcomed 0 patient(s) yesterday. The money raised for the care amounted to 0 crown(s).
24.10.1210 at 6:10 The accountant says the beggars received 450 crowns during the last 24 hours.

are we losing believers because no one is injured or comes to the hospital?
that isn't our fault. we feed those that ask for sustenance, and give to those that beg. if the game sends them to jail instead, it isn't the church's doing. :cry:
Baal - age 1
Elvis and Baal - age 4
Elvira - age 5
Baal, Quark and Orlin - age 6
Quark
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 6-Western
Clan: Friend to All

Postby Quark » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:15 pm

We were ok for the last few days, until today when we lost 708 believers in 22 hours.!!!!!

today at 00:22, after setting up our next mass we had 1779 believers left [there were 4274 before setting the mass so there must have been one donation while I was setting the mass up]
by 15:32 we were down to 1365 believers
and when I checked at 22:04 we only had 1071 left

during that time we had no beggars, and according to the rumor mill we had no one ill or asking for sustenance.
we did have 20 donors. That should have gained us 100 believers, but they may have donated before the mass was set up.

30.10.1210 at 19:10 The mother superior in charge of feeding the needy tells you she fed 0 hungry mouths at a cost of 0 crown(s).
30.10.1210 at 11:10 Rumour has it that the church has received 390 crowns from 20 generous donators over the last 24 hours.
30.10.1210 at 11:10 The hospital welcomed 0 patient(s) yesterday. The money raised for the care amounted to 0 crown(s).
30.10.1210 at 6:10 The accountant says the beggars received 0 crowns during the last 24 hours.
30.10.1210 at 0:21 The bishop Elvira has decided to organise a day of mass on Monday

does the fact that we do not have a relic cost us believers? the accounts page makes no mention of this, but with RB and TG the only clans without relics, and the ones that seem to have the fewest believers, it makes one wonder... if so we are in a catch 22 situation. We need a holy war to capture a relic, and we cannot gain enough believers to hold a holy war without a relic.
Baal - age 1
Elvis and Baal - age 4
Elvira - age 5
Quark
Shy neighbour

Postby Quark » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:50 am

TG had their last mass on 20 Dec.
we did not gain enough believers that day to schedule another mass.
since then what believers we had trickled down to zero and then has fluctuated from zero to highs of nearly 600 on a daily basis.

Despite our efforts with people begging, asking for sustenance and donating, we are not making any progress increasing believers.

we are now holding up people that wish to do the church quest, :wish:
Baal - age 1
Elvis and Baal - age 4
Elvira - age 5
Quark
Shy neighbour

Postby bbhbc10 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:27 pm

The last mass the TP's will be able to hold will be on the 10th of Jan.

i cannot force our people to donate or beg (which i don't see the point in since money is easy to make and food is cheap, so why risk a chance of going to jail begging?)

the hopitals is pretty much useless since you can travel to any clan and buy healing stuff, not to mention no one wants to spend 8hrs in there and lose out on XP from wars

after losing 19k believers in one month i now see there is no sense in fighting this problem anymore...there are just not enough players in this version to keep this up so we will just hold mass whenever we can
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Clan: Troglahoma

Postby dubjean » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Inquisitions are also useless.

It's going to get worse as things progress as the higher level players can't donate,go to mass, or have their children christened in order to lose faith points, also.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Quark » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:24 am

anyone know if the French version has this problem?
If not, what is different there?
Baal - age 1
Elvis and Baal - age 4
Elvira - age 5
Quark
Shy neighbour

Postby dubjean » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Last time I checked they didn't have this problem. The main difference, I think, is that we have around 200 people total per clan and they have 1000 people per clan. It's been awhile since I did check on this but their believers were over a million. More people means more donating, more going to mass, more marrying and having babies, etc. probably even enough for inquisitions since I was short just a few people to improve my believers by doing it last month.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby bbhbc10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:31 pm

TP's last mass has been set for Monday the 10th and we will try to hold another as soon as we can but i don't have high hopes since i see there are several other clans in the same situation...i guess this problem will finally be addressed when the next age opens and people are looking to evolve and can't because they can't pass the quest
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby Quark » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:26 pm

thanks to a whole lot of people from all the kingdoms donating/begging/asking for Sustenance, TG was able to hold a Mass Friday 14 Jan, and the turnout went well enough that we gained enough believers to hold another one which will be Monday 17 Jan.
if we can continue to have a good turnout for each mass and if people donate or beg while there, we might just be able to keep going. And while you are out visiting the churches, please stop and visit the other churches that are struggling to donate/beg/ask for sustenance from them as well.
Baal - age 1
Elvis and Baal - age 4
Elvira - age 5
Quark
Shy neighbour

Postby bbhbc10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:55 am

The TP's will also be holding a Mass on Monday the 17th

please try to attend if you can or need to for the quest...and we wouldn't mind a little donation while you are there :whistle:

i can understand if you don't want to beg and take a chance on going to jail :nope:
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby ouldmom4 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:33 pm

I don't understand this at all.. I try everyday to give to my church in my kingdom and it always has this message..
Give money!!! Pretty much useless! Maybe a quest will teach you the benefits of giving away money...

Again if a player wishes to donate and the game will not let them they why should this cause us to lose followers.. I don't know I think someone should do something about this..

{My Children Are My World}
ouldmom4
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: ouldmom4
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby double » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 pm

hi, you are required to finish quest 2 if I'm not wrong to be able to donate.
you can start off by reading the forum FAQ >> http://forum.human-age.com/viewtopic.php?f=484&t=22120#p763889, and for subsequent ones, you'll have to read them up in your private area of your clan usergroup :thumbup:

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby ouldmom4 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 am

Thank you for this information.. I am not old enough yet to join my private forum :x But I will keep this in mind for when I get older.. only a few more days :dance:

{My Children Are My World}
ouldmom4
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: ouldmom4
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby Swift79 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 am

(Not really sure if I should post this here since it is just related to the topic, but here it goes) :hmmm:
I'm currently stuck at a quest since I cannot attend mass in a specific kingdom. I try to do my bit: go to church masses everyday however I cannot donate until I complete this quest - it seems I am a sitting duck without being able to do much. For all of the reasons mentioned in earlier posts, I am not eligible for begging and getting food is not much of an issue for me. I also have never used the hospital so attending mass is all I can do to help the churches...but I haven't been to a mass in FF for a while now. Could anyone from the FF please update me of the current situation? (as I do not live in FF)
Last edited by Swift79 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neaira, Chieftess of the Bursting Bellies

Naevia, Age 2
Neaira, Age 2
Kassandra, Age 4
Freya, Age 5

"Upon the conduct of each, depends the fate of all..."
Swift79
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Character name: Neaira
Clan: Bursting Bellies