Losing Church believers

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Losing Church believers

Postby bbhbc10 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:05 pm

how is it we have lost 287 believers in the last 10 hours?

the only way you lose them is either:

Loss of Believers

Interrogation of 20 people- 200
Organise a mass- 2500
Refuse alms- 3
To lack generosity in donations, sustenance and care.

we have not organised a mass, haven't interrogated anyone in weeks and haven't had but 1-2 beggers at most per day

is there any other reason that you could possibly lose that many believers in 10 hours??? :hmmm:
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Game Age: 6-Western
Clan: Troglahoma

Re: Losing Church believers

Postby Eagle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:37 pm

The only thing you did not cover was the generousity in donations, sustenance and care. How are those?
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Postby bbhbc10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:08 pm

we have anywhere from 10-16 or more donating daily..rarely does anyone need to use the hospital..hardly no one begs for food unless they are wanting the achievement and i give to every begger i see..

we lost another 700 or so again the other day...it seems to happen every 2-3 days
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Believers number is decreasing

Postby Smerk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Our number of Believers in Church are decreasing at an alarming rate. We have checked the logs ("Rumor Mill"), and nothing seems to be causing the decline.
Can you check and verify if there is a root cause to the loss? Do Believers 'time out'?!?

Thanks!

Smerk - Knights of the Round Bellies
Smerk
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Smerk
Clan: Knights of the Round Belly

Re: Believers number is decreasing

Postby bbhbc10 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 am

having the same problem..i asked the same thing in the age 5 questions section

viewtopic.php?f=482&t=22156

but never got an answer.. :hmmm:
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby Chris@home » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:49 am

You lose followers for various reasons. If the church of your Kingdom is among the least generous, ie doesn't give out money to it's citizens, then you will lose followers. On the other hand, if the citizens of a Kingdom are scroungers and don't give to the church, it will lose followers too. Same for the number of people healed at hospital, pitance handed out, how many beggars are taken care of, how many heretics are checked, etc.
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby bbhbc10 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:42 pm

why are we being punished just because most days no one in our kingdom needs the help of the hospital or needs to beg for food?

is that not a good sign that it isn't needed?

the only people that get injured are the ones that do a lot of hunting so there isn't much need for the hospital for the rest of us...i've never been injured picking or mining, etc

food is so cheap that a simple meal at least would cost you 3cr so not even the new people see no need to beg for it

no one wants to lose a rep pt because they begged for money

but i do understand why we lose them because of the people being greedy and not wanting to donate money to the church daily :roll:
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby double » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

just some church-related criteria to determine who's church are more popoular and utilized more , i guess. Whether or not it's good or not, i don't know :D
double
Respected citizen

Postby bbhbc10 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:30 am

gotta feel a little sorry for those who are waiting on the RB to hold another mass so they can move on with the Quest seeing as how they have little to no believers to hold another one because of this popularity contest
Last edited by bbhbc10 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby Eagle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:11 pm

I wouldn't say it's a popularity contest but strategy to the game. I think it's something that the leaders need to work on using whatever resource they can. If everyone was on an even playing field (which everyone was in the beginning) it would take an element of surprise and excitement from the game. Holy wars can be a big thing at some point, so of course everyone would like to know how to increase believers. Chris gave the reasons for losing them so now the leaders need to figure how to change that then pass it on to the leaders after them in their private forums.
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Re: Believers number is decreasing

Postby Smerk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:20 am

I disagree. The reasons why Believers are lost are quite clearly listed in the church - we have not been affected by the noted items, yet we are still losing believers. If there are other factors, I would have liked to have been made aware of them much earlier! Its one thing to not clearly state them at all - that way it is part of the game to find out what does and doesn't affect them - but there is a clear list given for how to lose and gain believers. If there are additional/external factors, I'd like to be aware of them instead of have us blindly and pointlessly losing believers.
There has been a 'hinting' in the Questions portion of the board, but I'd like a clear statement to say that this is not a bug but a feature! I also find it disappointing that it has come so far that we are in a big hole without a real way out of it. There are very few "positive" factors stated in the list, and we are unable to host Mass, which is the main "stated" way to gain Believers right now. Hopefully there are other 'undocumented' ways to gain believers too, but I'm not sure how we can find them out. It seems that unlike previous ages, the hospital/healing is nowhere near as useful, and marriages and children are becoming fewer and fewer in number.
We will continue to 'play' with our options, but for now I'm still classifying this as a bug.

Smerk
Last edited by double on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging same threads. Explanation as given by Chris above.
Smerk
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Smerk
Clan: Knights of the Round Belly

Postby bbhbc10 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:27 am

am i supposed to tell everyone that has less than 200cr to beg for money and lose a rep pt? everyone that gets injured to go to the hospital and spend hours in there to get healed? beg for food and take a chance on getting thrown in prison and lose rep pt?

since every new person that comes to the game is auto given faith pts, and they may move into a village right away or attend mass, there isn't many out there that can be the subject of an inquisition..i look thru half our clan and could only find 2 people that qualified for it and you need at least 7 to break even for the amount of believers it costs you to even hold an inquisition.

i can understand why we lose them because our people are greedy and won't donate to the church...but on the other hand..what if a lot of our people haven't even passed the Quest that allows you to donate? Anyone that hasn't done that Quest or is stuck waiting on the RB to hold another Mass will not be able to pass it for a very long time now so we still lose out on people who potientally will be able to donate to the Church.
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby Sterre » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:11 pm

What about lowering the amount of faith points you get when you life in a village. And how about losing randomnly faith points, so that you have to keep checking your faith?
Like after a hunting accident, after loosing a fight or just when you have a bad day. I'm sure we will have a lot more players with 0 or a negative amount of fp. And I'm not suggesting this because I'm by chance an inquisitor :angel:
Sterre
Village idiot

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby dubjean » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Some of us have paid attention to our believers from the beginning, as they were more important than money, as without believers there can be no holy war. We played with how to increase them at that point. If by chance we (or anyone else) have enough holy wars to knock us down so we can't have a mass then we will be in the same boat as some others, trying to increase once again.

I do agree that inquisitions are useless at this point and it would be nice to have that adjusted, or have people get hurt more than just when they hunt since only a few hunt. If there is more info that could benefit us all, then I'm willing to hear it but this is a game without written rules and instructions and thought it was up to us to figure things out.

If asking your clan members to beg, ask for sustenance, go to the hospital and donate helps your clan, then I don't see a problem with it. I assume you ask them to donate money and materials and join wars for the good of your Clan, this is no different. This is an age when the individuals have to work together for the good of the Clan.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby bbhbc10 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 pm

all i know is i can't force anyone to donate, beg, etc.

and at the rate we are losing them daily, eventually we won't be able to hold mass anymore either since when we do we barely break even for what it cost to hold one and then we lose more believers on the days when we don't so it will be a daily slide down to when we are in the same boat as the RB
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Next

Return to Age 5 Questions