trade xp is messed up ?

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Re: trade xp is messed up ?

Postby pukus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:13 am

I am confused too :D

1item=15xp, then I unlock 2 item (built 6=6xp) then unlock 3 item (built 5=5xp) and when I built my 2 item I receive 0xp even I didnt reach that 10xp limit,( the same with 4 unlocked item for me)

So if I am right we wouldn't receive any xp if we built one more experience item and then went back?
pukus
Newcomer

Postby leanne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 am

Landra - age 5

I am still confused! :P

In previous explanations - I understood it to say that the more advanced items will give you up to 15 trade points (even if you only need 10 to unlock the next item) providing you do not learn the next item in the list. However, I am at university level and sometimes I only get 10 tp for an item before the tp stops even though I have not learnt/unlocked the next item in the list?

When you say +15 on more advanced items - could you please clarify what you mean by more advanced items (i.e. are you referring to the next item in the list or the next school)?

Do trade points work the same way for each school or is there a way to simplify the explanation - by how it works in relation to each of the schools?

In theory this should be simple to understand but for some reason I am just not getting it! :doi:
leanne
Active neighbour

Postby Chris@home » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Item A : to reach you need 30 points, so you can get 15 pts from it meaning when you reach 45, you will not get anymore from it.
Item B: ( which required 40pts to unlock), when you hit 55pts you will not get anymore xp from it.

And that's it. I don't know how to explain this any other way I'm afraid! Schools don't change anything, it just means you can learn/build more advanced items, which (usually) require more advanced ingredients and require more trade XP
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby leanne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks Chris so what your saying is if the difference between 2 items is 15 then if you build 15 items it will give you 15 TP otherwise if the difference is only 10 then you will only get 10 TP?

Have I finally got it Chris or not? :P
Last edited by leanne on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leanne
Active neighbour

Postby double » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Basically,
Step 1: check your current trade xp
Step 2: check trade xp needed to unlock that particular item you are making at the moment.

Number of trade xp you can get from making this item = [ trade xp required to unlock it + 15 ] minus your current trade xp

Meaning if your current trade xp = xp required to unlock that item , you can make 15 more of them and get 15 trade xp. I hope i get it right, lol
double
Respected citizen

Postby Chris@home » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Item A, requires 55 trade XP to unlock.
Item B, requires 60 XP to unlock.
Say you have 55 trade XP.
You build 5 A items => you reach 60 XP and unlock item B.

Then two things can happen:
1) You continue building A items. You can hope to reach 70 trade XP. 70 = 55 (the xp required to unlock the item) + 15.
2) You build B items. You can reach 75 trade XP. 75 = 60 (the xp required to unlock the item) + 15.

Between 60 and 70 trade XP, both items will earn you trade XP. When you hit 70 however, only item B will earn you trade XP.

To know up until which point any given item will earn you trade XP, you take the trade XP required to unlock a given item (say item C require 110 trade XP to unlock), then this item will earn you trade XP until you reach 125 (110+15) trade XP. Passed this level, item C will not give you any more trade XP.

Now a working example:

I have 0 trade XP as a blacksmith (I've just started).

2 cases:
1) Iron ingot is the first item I can unlock. If I unlock no other item, and build only iron ingots, I can reach 15 trade XP. Once I've hit 15 trade XP I will not earn anymore. I know this because trade XP to unlock iron ingot is 0, I take this number and add 15.
2) I unlock an iron ingot. I build 10 of them. I then unlock the file, and decide to build 5 files. This way, I will reach 15 trade XP. If I build iron ingots now, they won't earn me trade XP as they only earn me trade XP until I reach 15! The files however, will continue giving me trade xp until I reach 25. And so on.
If you still don't understand, please give me an example of a case where and item hasn't given you 15 and I'll try explaining it.
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Postby leanne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Chris I understand your example perfectly but you make it sound as if you get 15 trade points from each item from then on providing you don't unlock the next one but that's not the case because I have made 15 not unlocked the next item and still only been able to get a further 10 not 15 from that next item!

Each item I am currently making needs 10 TP to unlock each subsequent item. So I understand to unlock each item all I need to make is 10 each but if I want to skip an item that's where I get a little confused.

Question: The last item I built 10 and have received 10 trade points I can already unlock the next item if I want to but I haven't. I would like to get 15 trade points from this item first then unlock the next item and get another 15 TP from that one in order to skip the item after that...it that possible? Or will I only be able to do one lot of 15 and 10 the other leaving 5 of the one I want to skip?

To simplfy things is every item meant to give you 15 trade points providing you do not unlock the next one?
leanne
Active neighbour

Postby double » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:08 am

leanne wrote:
Question: The last item I built 10 and have received 10 trade points I can already unlock the next item if I want to but I haven't. I would like to get 15 trade points from this item first then unlock the next item and get another 15 TP from that one in order to skip the item after that...it that possible? Or will I only be able to do one lot of 15 and 10 the other leaving 5 of the one I want to skip?

To simplfy things is every item meant to give you 15 trade points providing you do not unlock the next one?

nope, you won't be able to get 15 from all items.
basically, as mentioned earlier

Number of trade xp you can get from making item A = [ trade xp required to unlock item A + 15 ] minus your current trade xp

if you get a negative, it means the item you are making is not the most advanced and will not give you anymore trade XP.
you can only get 15 trade XP out of this item IF you unlock it at the trade XP it is required to unlock and when your current trade XP is that exact amount as well. Then making 15 more of this item yields you 15 more trade XP.

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby Gronk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 am

leann, think of it this way. Unlocking an item is not what starts the trade point counter for the item. Reaching the trade points required to unlock it is what starts the counter. You will only get 15 points from an item if you build nothing but that item from the first moment you are able to. I don't know if that's any clearer, but I hope it helps. :mrgreen:
Married in Ages 2, 4 & 5 to the awesome Ryv
Age 2 Daemyn/Aramanda
Age 4 Gronk/Rivyolie
Age 5 Alexio/Maraiama
~~~
Member of the Kenny Gala Secret Society.
Gronk
Princess

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Character name: Gronk
Clan: Hanging Dogs

Postby SCarter » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Gronk makes an important distinction. It's not the act of unlocking an item that allows you to earn points from that item. It's how many unlock points are required to unlock relative to your total points.

If (total points - unlock points) </= 15 you will earn trade points by building that item.

The unlock points are a measure of how challenging it is to build an item.

I think the idea of all this is that you don't "learn" much by building items that are easy for you. You advance your skills by making increasingly difficult items.
SCarter
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Carter
Clan: Toga Grinder

Postby Karma » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:18 pm

each recepie can give u only 15 TP

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: LifeIsKarma

Postby Gronk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Karma wrote:each recepie can give u only 15 TP

Each recipe can give you a maximum of 15 trade points. When your trade points are 15 higher than the number you needed to unlock an item then you will get no more trade points from that item.
Married in Ages 2, 4 & 5 to the awesome Ryv
Age 2 Daemyn/Aramanda
Age 4 Gronk/Rivyolie
Age 5 Alexio/Maraiama
~~~
Member of the Kenny Gala Secret Society.
Gronk
Princess

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Character name: Gronk
Clan: Hanging Dogs

Postby Chris@home » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Will sticky this as it's a recurring question. Will see if the coder or myself if I have time can display how many trade XP an item can potentially earn you when you go to build it!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Postby Quark » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:05 pm

gronk wrote
Each recipe can give you a maximum of 15 trade points. When your trade points are 15 higher than the number you needed to unlock an item then you will get no more trade points from that item.

ok, I understand that, BUT it still doesn't add up for me
I am making pocket drawbridges. I made 10 and got 10 trade points, giving me a total 165, which is only 5 more than I need to open the next item. so I should be able to make a total of 15 drawbridges and get 15 trade points. that would give me 170 trade points, which would only be 10 more than needed to unlock the next item. However when I made drawbridges 11,12 and 13 I got NO trade points, and am still at 165 trade points. I have not opened the next item because I wanted those 5 additional trade points by making a total of 15 of the drawbridges. It cost me money to make them and all I can do is sell them off as they don't sell at minimum price, let alone the cost of materials. If If I had known ahead of time that they would not have given me any points, I could have saved a bunch of money by not buying 3 ingots and 3 simple nails.
:censored:
I'd at least like the trade points, or better still a refund :twisted:
Baal - age 1
Elvis and Baal - age 4
Elvira - age 5
Baal, Quark and Orlin - age 6
Quark
Shy neighbour

Clan: Friend to All

Postby Revolution » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:04 pm

I am going to assume that pocket drawbridges can be unlocked at 150 trade points.

From your description, it would appear that you started making them when you had 155 trade points. Like Gronk said, you get a MAXIMUM of 15 trade points for every item. The countdown for how many trade points you get for that item starts once you hit the required number of trade points to unlock it whether you decide to do so then or not. Since you started at 155 trade point and made 10, that put you at 165 trade points which is 15 more than the unlock level of 150.

I believe a similar equation to what I'm about to post has already been posted in the topic.

trade points you can receive by making an item = (required amount of trade XP to unlock + 15) - number of trade XP you currently have
Age 5 - Revolutionary, Revelation
Age 4 - Revise
Age 2 - Rev
Age 1 - Reverse
Revolution
Stop confusing me, please???? I am now a Little Choco Truffle!

Character name: Revolutionary
Clan: Coyoticut

PreviousNext

Return to Age 5 Questions