trade xp is messed up ?

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

trade xp is messed up ?

Postby CrazyMazy » Thu May 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Chris@home wrote:Will try and explain this clearly.

You gain trade XP by building items. But not all items you build give you trade XP. Only the more advanced items you can unlock will give you trade XP.

The way it works is, for a given item, say an item which you unlock when you get to 30 trade xp, you can reach 45 trade xp by building this item. Once you reach 45 trade xp, this item will no longer give you any xp. To get more trade XP, you will need to build a more advanced item. Say you've reached 45 trade xp, and you've unlocked an item that required 40, you can build this item until you reach 55 trade xp. After that, it will no longer give you trade xp, you'll need to build more advanced items and so on.

In other words, you take the trade xp of an item required to unlock it, and it will earn you trade xp until you reach (item unlock xp + 15).

double wrote:EG. Item A : 0 trade XP to unlock
Item B : 10 trade XP to unlock
Item C : 25 trade XP to unlock

For example, you can do 2 items A and B(the next unlocked item) together, but need to take note of the "item unlock xp + 15" - meaning if your current trade is worked to the point where it is more than the trade required to unlock your item A+15 , then making any more item A will not yield anymore trade xp as Chris mentioned.

Eg. At 0 xp, you can only make item A. You need 10 xp to unlock item B. You make 11 item A and get 11 trade xp. ( You can just make 10 and unlock item B, but lets assume you make 11). After getting 11xp, you unlock item B (item C requires 25 trade xp to unlock). At this point , you can choose to make both item A and B. Lets say you make 3 item A, getting 3xp >> 11xp +3 =14 now. Then you make 10 item B, getting you 14+10 =24 xp. You can't get any trade xp from item A now as your current trade xp is 24, which is more than (trade xp required to unlock item A,which is 0 + 15 ). Similarly for item B - its required trade xp to unlock is 10, so you can only earn xp from it till (10 +15= 25 trade xp) . From the earlier example, you have 24 xp. You make 2 more item B, but will only get 1xp as your limit is till 25 as indicated. So now, you have to unlock the next advanced item C to make it to increase your trade xp.

-----------------
Original question :

I know how it works - I am not expecting to still be getting xp from like pine planks or early items

but i am not getting any from my 2 new trainings either - chair and birch planks ??

I think I am off like 10 trade xp points ??

I have not received any points from this morning at all - ???

I have been careful on maxing out the trade xp on all my trainings before going on to the next item .. this is 1st time I am working 2 trainings and only because of the birch that comes along with pine for the planks to build the chairs

PLUS am avoiding the ingots as long as possible in my next training :D

but I have only completed totally 10 chairs and 16 birch planks - 2 chairs & 9 birch planks made this morning

with

20.05 5:21 pm [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 4:43 pm [Workshop] You built 1 x wooden chair in your workshop.
20.05 4:41 pm [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 4:06 pm [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 3:54 pm [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 3:44 pm [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 3:23 pm [Workshop] You built 1 x wooden chair in your workshop.
20.05 7:27 am [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 7:07 am [Workshop] You built 2 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 7:05 am [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.
20.05 6:59 am [Workshop] You built 1 x birch plank in your workshop.

even if I did the min amount in all the other trainings -

pine plank = 15 - completed 10 before learning chest
chest - 10 - completed 10 before learning clay
clay square - 15 - completed before learning chair
chair - 10
birch plank = 15

shouldn't it be 65 ??

:hmmm:
Last edited by double on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: include explanation
CrazyMazy
Active neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Egg Heads

Re: trade xp is messed up ?

Postby dubjean » Thu May 20, 2010 10:01 pm

What do you mean you are working 2 trainings? If you mean trade, you can only work one trade and lose everything you have learned from the previous trade and start all over. If you mean items, you only earn skills up to a certain amount of items you build of each item.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Sterre » Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Chris explained it somewhere, but I don't understand it either. I had 90 tradepoints and got only 5 tp for the most advanced item, despite the fact I made 6 out of it. I ended with 95 points and had to open the next item.
Sterre
Village idiot

Game Age: 6-Western
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby Ostherian » Fri May 21, 2010 6:11 am

I thought I understood Chris to mean the last item learned will give trade points for the quantity of TPs needed to access it +15, but I'm not sure it's working that way.
Ostherian
Newcomer

Character name: Ostherian

Postby Ziran » Fri May 21, 2010 7:00 am

You won't get XP for the Chairs, since you have studied Birch Planks too :(

The +15 thing works for me well, can narrow tough ones to minimum 5 pieces if needed.
Ziran
Official HA Call Centre

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Ziran
Clan: Knights of the Round Belly

Postby CrazyMazy » Fri May 21, 2010 7:06 am

@ dub = "training" equals trade training ?? aren't we like doing like homework with these items ?? :D Mastering our skill ?? training = teaching ??

maybe I called it wrong

but still don't think the trade xp is working right :)

by what Chris said - the newest/latest training/teaching should give you at least min 10 trade xp for the lesson/class THEN another 10-15 extra if you keep making it - Yes it will turn off if you go learn 2-3 more "skills" these will replace the early ones with giving you trade xp - but by what he said - you should still be able to earn at least 10 min than another 10-15 points if you do not replace it with another training/teaching/lesson

for example - i should still be able to make 10-15 chairs and earn xp along with another say at least 6-7 birch planks and still reap trade xp from them.

BUT not the clay blocks, security chest or pine planks - as these have been replaced with the chair and birch planks

right ?? :eh:
CrazyMazy
Active neighbour

Postby Ziran » Fri May 21, 2010 7:10 am

For me only the "highest" studied skill (item) gives Trade XP, and only 10 -15 points, not 10 + 10 to 15 points as you suggest.
Ziran
Official HA Call Centre

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Ziran
Clan: Knights of the Round Belly

Postby Chris@home » Fri May 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Will try and explain this clearly.

You gain trade XP by building items. But not all items you build give you trade XP. Only the more advanced items you can unlock will give you trade XP.

The way it works is, for a given item, say an item which you unlock when you get to 30 trade xp, you can reach 45 trade xp by building this item. Once you reach 45 trade xp, this item will no longer give you any xp. To get more trade XP, you will need to build a more advanced item. Say you've reached 45 trade xp, and you've unlocked an item that required 40, you can build this item until you reach 55 trade xp. After that, it will no longer give you trade xp, you'll need to build more advanced items and so on.

In other words, you take the trade xp of an item required to unlock it, and it will earn you trade xp until you reach (item unlock xp + 15).

Does that make *any* sense at all? :nar:
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby CrazyMazy » Fri May 21, 2010 6:18 pm

I am trying Chris .. really am ... :woohoo:

I understand what you are saying - but let me ask you this - IF I pick another more advanced training ... does it null the current training in process ?

I understand I will receive no trade xp from like my 1st 3 earlier trainings - BUT can we do 2 trainings at once to maximize our raw material yield to save on energy being space is so limited at this stage ??

Is this where I went wrong ? Trying to do 2 trainings side by side ??

BTW...Great Age :) Good job again !
CrazyMazy
Active neighbour

Postby leanne » Sun May 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Sorry to interupt Mazy but I also have a question and I hope it doesn't confuse the issue :mrgreen:

I've just been making the same amount it says the next one requires - so if the difference is 10 points then I make 10 items to unlock the next one and if the difference is 5 points then I make 5 items to unlock the next one and so on.

Are you saying that I would continue to get trade points if I made 15 of the same item instead of 10 or 10 of the same item instead of 5 (or is that still 15)? :doi:

So in other words can you get up to 15 trade points per item before it stops giving them? If so will I end up with less overall trade points because I didn't do this? :hmmm:

Cos this game is totally wicked is more ways than one :lol: so I wouldn't be surprised! :lol:

Or am I just confused about what your saying? :?

Thanks Chris and by the way the game is totally wicked in a good way too! :D
leanne
Active neighbour

Postby double » Sun May 23, 2010 5:07 pm

@mazy, yup , you can do 2 items A and B(the next unlocked item) together, but need to take note of the "item unlock xp + 15" - meaning if your current trade is worked to the point where it is more than the trade required to unlock your item A+15 , then making any more item A will not yield anymore trade xp as Chris mentioned.
Eg. At 0 xp, you can only make item A. You need 10 xp to unlock item B. You make 11 item A and get 11 trade xp. ( You can just make 10 and unlock item B, but lets assume you make 11). After getting 11xp, you unlock item B (item C requires 25 trade xp to unlock). At this point , you can choose to make both item A and B. Lets say you make 3 item A, getting 3xp >> 11xp +3 =14 now. Then you make 10 item B, getting you 14+10 =24 xp. You can't get any trade xp from item A now as your current trade xp is 24, which is more than (trade xp required to unlock item A,which is 0 + 15 ). Similarly for item B - its required trade xp to unlock is 10, so you can only earn xp from it till (10 +15= 25 trade xp) . From the earlier example, you have 24 xp. You make 2 more item B, but will only get 1xp as your limit is till 25 as indicated. So you have to unlock item C to make it to increase your trade xp now.

I hope i'm not confusing anyone, lol. Correct me if i'm wrong too *confused*
@leanne, not too sure about the overall trade since i havent seen the overall structure of the trades, but i think the difference won't be great with the +15 criteria needing you to keep moving up the tier to get the xp.
double
Respected citizen

Postby CrazyMazy » Tue May 25, 2010 5:21 pm

ok - thank you - I think I understand why it stops even at 10 earned trade xp - as long as i have enough to go to next training of trade xp - it sort of forces me to do the next lesson - this makes sense as to why it stopped when it did earning trade xp from current trade lesson

I am good now - :D
CrazyMazy
Active neighbour

Postby Gronk » Tue May 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Very good explanation double! Let me just mention in response to leanne, since the trade points you can earn is always equal to the unlock value of the next item you can unlock plus 15, it then follows that the most trade points you can have is the cost to unlock the most advanced item plus 15. No matter how you divide your earning of the points, everyone should end up at the same maximum amount.
Married in Ages 2, 4 & 5 to the awesome Ryv
Age 2 Daemyn/Aramanda
Age 4 Gronk/Rivyolie
Age 5 Alexio/Maraiama
~~~
Member of the Kenny Gala Secret Society.
Gronk
Princess

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Character name: Gronk
Clan: Hanging Dogs

Postby leanne » Wed May 26, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks Gronk and Double :thumbup:

I now know what I am doing...with the trade points anyway! ;)
leanne
Active neighbour

Postby robinblue » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 am

i thought i had the trade thing figured out but i had 75 trade points then i built 4 more leathers, why didn't i get 4 more points. i do not have enough points to go to the next. what will i have to do to get more more points? so confusing? :doi:

Today at 8:06 am [Workshop] You built 1 x simple leather in your workshop.

Today at 7:58 am [Workshop] You built 3 x simple leather in your workshop.
thanks for any help! robin~ :wish:
robinblue
Hermit

Character name: robin
Clan: Caribou Sniffers

Next

Return to Age 5 Questions