Building Deterioration

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Building Deterioration

Postby cinneach » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Chris

Can you have a look at this please, and advise....

We have just spent 4 -5 days building our moat. It was 0% when we started, and after completion, this is the state:

Current state: 1.7%

Workers required: 983
Birch plank: 176 unit(s)
Cherry plank: 176 unit(s)
Clay block: 78 unit(s)
Gold ingot: 39 unit(s)

I know that buildings deteriorate on a daily basis, but to have provided the labour and materials to have bought it up to 100%, I would not have expected deterioration in this period of time to be in excess of 95%!

Previously, when we had our moat at 100% status, it took about 4 weeks to deteriorate back to 0%.

Can you please get your programmers to have a look at this - can we also have our moat set to a reasonable level too, considering the work that has been done, and the materials consumed.
Cinneach of Mor Ciche
Queen of the Eggs of Hospitalier
cinneach
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Cinneach
Clan: Eggs Hospitalier

Re: Building Deterioration

Postby cinneach » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 am

As an additional note......

The overnight deterioration on this building is 0.5%, taking it down to 1.2%.

There appears to be a significant issue with the building of the moat, if overnight deterioration is only 0.5%, and yet spending 4-5 days building it from scratch, only brings it up to 1.7%

Can this please be resolved as a priority?
Cinneach of Mor Ciche
cinneach
Shy neighbour

Postby dubjean » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:08 am

I've noticed this happens because while you are building or repairing, the structure is actually being used. EH had alot of Clan Wars in the time that the moat was being worked on and this would cause that much damage. We just had the same situation occur with 2 of our defenses. It's very difficult to get 1000 jobs done with only 200+ people in a clan total (with some paused and some dying) in a timely fashion. Plus let's not forget all the materials that needed to get it started in the first place and we're back to square one again!
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby bbhbc10 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:25 am

i experienced the same problem, that is why i just let the moat go..

too much effort and money spent on gathering the materials and then trying to get the jobs worked just to have it back to 0% when all the jobs are finished...it's a never ending cycle and you never get to benifit from it especially when you are taking attacks daily
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Clan: Troglahoma

Postby dubjean » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 pm

I have also been having problems with my prison. I repair it first thing after update and some days it reappears for repairs, sometimes a few times/day. This seems to be the only building that it is happening to. It has occurred again today so instead of needing 2 jobs and 3 components, I need 4 jobs and 6 components! These do add up when you are repairing/building so many items.

Is this caused by people trying to or breaking out of prison? This has only been happening recently, that's why the question. That questioned got answered.. we had a prisoner escape from a 100% prison and it is still 100%.

Thanks for any help with this issue.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby cinneach » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:59 am

Hi Chris

Just wondering if you are going to provide any response to this... is it being looked at by the programmers?
Cinneach of Mor Ciche
cinneach
Shy neighbour

Postby cinneach » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Chris

You know that we love you!! and we know that you are a busy boy...... BUT........ can you give us any comment on the issue of the speed of the deterioration of the moat compared to other buildings that are involved in Kindom Defence?

We have decisions pending depending on whether this is in fact a bug, or a programming change that has occurred since the game (and the initial building frenzy of all) commenced.

Can ya feel the love :dance: :luv: :luv:
Cinneach of Mor Ciche
cinneach
Shy neighbour

Postby Chris@home » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:46 am

Hi guys,

The coder's made a bit of a hash of the battles and things have been tweaked pretty much every week since the launch of the game, so the deterioration of the moat has very probably changed since the beginning yes!

The coder tells me the moats deteriorate with every attacker that gets through, and that it doesn't have to be completely destroyed in order for attackers to get through. I hope that makes sense as I'm translating what the coder tells me :blush:
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby Lady Aliah » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 am

When you say "attacker", do you mean each kingdom that gets through, or each person that gets through?
Abiageal and Julianna - Age 5
Lady Aliah - Age 4
Lady Beth-Ann - Age 3
Lady Cyvik - Age 2
Lady Aliah
Village idiot

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Left Handers

Postby cinneach » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 am

Hi Chris

Thanks for letting us know.... I would suggest that its a bit of an understatement that the coders have made a hash of the building side of things....... hope you are talking to them about it :blush:

It seems that things are changing with the buildings on a daily basis almost - would it be possible to let us know what the current situation is regrding all the buildings? Is it attacks or attackers, is it defence or defenders?

Most of the kingdoms did a lot of analysis of the building parameters many moons and much building ago, and to have to revisit this would require us to take the buildings back to scratch again, which is not a prefered option.

Hope you can help more on this - we have been noticing particularly changes to the prison deterioration, and now also the walls.
Cinneach of Mor Ciche
cinneach
Shy neighbour

Postby Chris@home » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:02 am

Lady Aliah wrote:When you say "attacker", do you mean each kingdom that gets through, or each person that gets through?

By attack I believe he meant each person rather than Kingdom.

cinneach wrote:Hi Chris

Thanks for letting us know.... I would suggest that its a bit of an understatement that the coders have made a hash of the building side of things....... hope you are talking to them about it :blush:

It seems that things are changing with the buildings on a daily basis almost - would it be possible to let us know what the current situation is regrding all the buildings? Is it attacks or attackers, is it defence or defenders?

Most of the kingdoms did a lot of analysis of the building parameters many moons and much building ago, and to have to revisit this would require us to take the buildings back to scratch again, which is not a prefered option.

Hope you can help more on this - we have been noticing particularly changes to the prison deterioration, and now also the walls.

As it's such a mess, the coder makes changes without feeling us in most of the time I'm afraid, I can only tell you what I know, which is not much! Tbh I'm a bit tired of how the situations being handled...

From the coders last messages on the message board:

-If the state of the walls and/or the drawbridge fall below 30%, the attacking Kingdom will enter without resistance.
- Latest changes means that once the defendants village or kingdom is pillaged, the damage of the walls is at most 14%

-> At the start of the battle, the drawbridge is at 100%

Before the changes
=> if the drawbridge was battered and fell below 30%, the attackers were lett through, and at the end of the battle, the drawdribdges state could be 28%.

Now(with the changes these last few weeks)

=> if the drawbridge was battered and fell below 30%, the attackers were lett through, and at the end of the battle, but the drwabridge's state will only decrease by 15% max (approx). So at the end of the battle, it could be at 85% in the worst case scenario.

I hope this makes sens to you, as I've had no hand in the battles and don't really have a clue as how they work!
Last edited by double on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: locking !
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Return to Age 5 Bugs Archive