Extraction Bug

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Extraction Bug

Postby YOYO2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 am

Hello Chris,

This has happened numerous times this week so I thought I would mention it. I equiped Myself with a helmet lamp and 2 miner shovels which would give a total of +5 extraction however these are some of the below event that I thought might reflect it being a bug

Today at 10:06 [Land] You extracted 3 x Copper and 1 x Iron from your mine.(+4 XP)
Today at 8:10 [Land] You extracted 2 x Copper and 1 x Iron from your mine.(+3 XP)
24.10 18:04 [Land] You extracted 1 x Copper and 3 x Iron from your mine.(+4 XP)
24.10 18:03 [Land] You extracted 2 x Gold and 2 x Copper from your mine.(+4 XP)
24.10 18:02 [Land] You extracted 1 x Gold, 1 x Copper and 3 x Iron from your mine.(+5 XP)
22.10 20:09 [Land] You extracted 1 x Silver, 3 x Copper and 1 x Iron from your mine.(+5 XP)
22.10 19:53 [Land] You extracted 1 x Gold, 1 x Silver, 1 x Copper and 1 x Iron from your mine.(+4 XP)

Each time there was plenty of room in the bag and also many ores left in the mine. hope this info helps, if this is a bug.
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: YOYO2
Clan: Mississipeds

Re: Extraction Bug

Postby double » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:42 am

I'm guessing the +5 don't mean a definite increase of +5 for every extraction. Either that or the weather / luck decreased the quantities mined.

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby YOYO2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:02 am

I would think that if the additional equipment is used and states it gives +5 that the minimum regardles of luck and or weather should extract a minimum of 5 ores. That would be if normally would extract 0 I would get at least 5. If I normally would get between 4-10 that number should be raised by 5. That is just my thoughts, so if it is a bug it can be corrected to help other characters who might not have noticed it, or for future characters who will mine. :D
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: YOYO2
Clan: Mississipeds

Postby Chris@home » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:38 am

Hi guys,

The coder is aware of the issue, as quite a few players aren't very pleased with the situation. The coders says it increases your luck of mining more when equipped with these items, it doesn't guarantee you will mine more. I agree that it should be reviewed, hopefully the coder will see the light!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby Chris@home » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 am

This should be fixed! :thumbup:
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby leelooxpose » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 am

* a different issue with the extraction, but I`m posting it here to avoid opening another thread* :blush:

Leeloo
FF 3.6.12

My character lives in the capital city of CoS and is also in the Miners guild. Something seems to have happened after the update as my extractions dropped drastically.
Season: Late spring / Temperature: 13°

Today at 1:07[Land]You extracted 1 x Silver and 1 x Iron from your mine.(+2 XP)
Today at 1:08[Land]You extracted 2 x Copper and 1 x Iron from your mine.(+3 XP)
Today at 1:08[Land]You extracted 1 x Iron from your mine.(+1 XP)
Today at 1:09[Land]You extracted 1 x Copper from your mine.(+1 XP)

This morning it continues to look the same:
Today at 8:33[Land]You extracted 1 x Copper from your mine.(+1 XP)
So I figured I might as well try a different mine:
Today at 8:35[Land]You dug a mine on your land.
Today at 8:35[Land]You extracted 1 x Gold and 1 x Silver from your mine.(+2 XP)
Today at 8:36[Land]You extracted 1 x Copper and 2 x Iron from your mine.(+3 XP)
Today at 8:36[Land]You extracted 1 x Copper from your mine.(+1 XP)

I`m not doing any other test, it`s already clear that something is wrong. My average when I lived in a village was around 6XP per extraction. I knew it would drop when moving in the capital and it did to around 5XP. But I also joined the Miners guild and it says:

The members of this guild can extract up to 20% more ore from their mines.

Can. It might happen sometimes. Not always. Okay, I get that. But at least I hope it doesn`t decrease the extraction :eh:
I know the season is not exactly great, but it`s not like it`s too cold or too hot – so I don`t see why it would affect the results in such a way.
And of course, there is plenty of space in my bag. Too much actually :whistle:
I depend on this. Not for the XP. But as a blacksmith it`s quite important to extract my own materials. Not to mention that this is how I earn a living.

Any ideas on this one and what could cause it? Thanks in advance for any help :luv:
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
leelooxpose
Active neighbour

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Leeloo
Clan: Crusaders of the Sword

Postby double » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:10 am

Do you/others from the guild still have this kind of extractions ?

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby leelooxpose » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:54 am

Hey,

It continued to be this way during the entire week-end. A true test for my nerves :whistle: I actually thought there was something wrong, but after checking the Bugs Archive from the French forum I discovered a thread about the same type of issue. The explanation is that the weather is to blame in such circumstances.
Right now the season is Late summer / Temperature: 28° and my extractions are finally back on the right track. So I`m all happy, smiling like a daisy in the Sun and apologizing for having spammed this thread :blush: :angel:

:luv:
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
leelooxpose
Active neighbour

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Leeloo
Clan: Crusaders of the Sword

Postby hippotwo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:02 pm

I have had this problem for over 3 months and have not had time to come here and report it.

it appears to have been not related to the weather for me as all my extractions were low and even at 0 on a number of occasions.

at present I seem to be getting good extraction rates again but I will wait for a while before relaxing on the issue
Last edited by double on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locking
hippotwo
Newcomer

Return to Age 5 Bugs Archive