Robbed with a key!! [Not a bug]

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Robbed with a key!! [Not a bug]

Postby Eagle » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:15 am

There are several references to having a god or key in this instant and not being robbed. I have a key with 16 days still on it and was robbed.:S a new bug?

Today at 12:47 am [Robberies] An anonymous robber stole 1017 crown(s) from your bag.

Magic key
Increases security by 100%
Conservation: 16 day(s)
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Re: Robbed with a key!!

Postby Chris@home » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:43 am

You don't own a key, but your partner does.

Only the person who actually owns the key will be 100% protected. Your items in your home however are protected, thanks to your partner's key. Your bag however is not!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Re: Robbed with a key!! [Not a bug]

Postby Mysteh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:06 am

OK, so tonight I log in to KA (Mysteh Isabella) and as I am browsing my events I see this:

Today at 6:32 am [Robberies] An anonymous robber stole 1 x The day's gift and 1486 crown(s) from your bag.

I think to myself, "Holy crap they stole a lot... wth, did my key expire? I thought it had 4 days left on it the last time I checked it"... *shrugs and goes off to the market to buy a new key*

I go to the shop, use 9 credits and buy myself a new key. I go to my bag, transfer it to my home, go to my home and when I go to use it, I notice that my key I thought must have expired is still there with 1 day conservation left on it. So, I removed the new key I just bought to see if my security level dropped to 0%, which it did not. My one key with its one day of conservation on it is, for all intents and purposes, still protecting my house, yet someone was still allowed to rob me on my own land ?

So, if I have 100% security and a key with one full day of conservation listed, how is it that an anonymous robber was able to rob me blind?

Link to image showing where I was robbed and that I bought a new key with credits (notice it says 0 crowns so you know I couldn't buy one for 0 crowns from the market):

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... A5/wth.png

Link to image showing key in house with 1 day conservation and 100% security:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... 5/wth2.png

The key is actually in MY house and my spouse also has a key in HIS house that I bought and sent to him to use when it was decided that our keys no longer protect our spouses (which I think sucks tbh).

Seeing as this seems to be a glitch, mistake or error, if it is I would really like my daily gift and the crowns that were stolen from me back so how do I go about getting that done? I won't ask for the 9 credits back that I spent on the new key before realizing I still had a key becuz obviously in 2 days I would have had to buy another one, tho I am losing 2 days conservation on the one I bought today since my other one says still has days 1 and 0 left on it....

Any advice, thoughts, answers?

Sorry to hijack your thread SE, but I figured since it was the same issue and was on top, there was no point in making a new one.

Former Chief of the Footies ... and really not missing it ;)
Mysteh
Well-known citizen

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Character name: Mysteh
Clan: Frozen Feet

Postby double » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Hmm, soaring mentioned he had the key, but Chris said he didn't own it, so I presume couples are able to see each others' items if they are in the security, comfort and hygiene section, since they are shared if used. Morever, the 1 day key in your image does not have the option of removing it from the house, so i think that should belong to your hubby? Then it won't protect your bag and cr most probably.
double
Respected citizen

Postby Mysteh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Yeah, double, thanks. I noticed that and it didn't even dawn on me it could be HIS key I was seeing. I just thought it was another change that once a key was down to so many days, it couldn't be removed so ppl couldn't sell useless keys with min cons. on them for max price because too many ppl were getting taken becuz they didn't check the cons. before buying. I guess I overthought that one, huh.

Wow, okay, well that is even dumber than the fact a spouses key does not protect their spouse's bag. I don't want to and shouldn't be able to see his items if they don't work for me though I know in age 3 and probably age 4 you can see what your spouse has in the house and I can already hear the "the coders won't change it" etc and so forth in my head so I guess I'm just screwed. Apparently I was duped into thinking I still had a key by the fact he has one (that I bought for him, no less) because I wasn't expecting to see his and don't ever remember seeing 2 keys in there at a time unless I was replacing one of mine that was about to expire.

I really hate the fact that the key no longer protects the spouse's bag. Though I think I hate the fact that when I am in my house my bag still isn't safe when it should be if at least ONE of us has a key even more. Apparently, I left my bag hanging outside on my steed.... or we have houses that we keep stuff in but don't actually "live" in. It must have been really rough for those living in medieval times having to stand outside of their castles day and night. I applaud their perseverance. :clap:

That one simple little change puts an extra burden on me as I am the only one in this couple that spends money and buys credits so to provide both of us with travel, armour and home security, it costs ME 108 credits a month and now that small change adds an additional 14 credits to that because I now have to buy us both 2 keys a month since they only last 17 days.

Then what happens after I foot the bill for at least $30 a month? My key expires and I get robbed of almost 1500 crowns in my own home! Between that and all of the taxation without representation, I'm not even sure why I'm trying. The key protecting both spouses bag was a nice little perk making it worthwhile to spend 7 credits on even if it doesn't last an entire month. Now I just feel like that one tiny change is just one more way for HA to gouge it's customers. I guess now I need to divorce my spouse and put up a personal ad requesting a husband that buys his own credits so I don't have to spend as much money each month, eh? Bleh.

Thanks for figuring out my mystery double. Most appreciated.
Last edited by double on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: locking ! :)
Former Chief of the Footies ... and really not missing it ;)
Mysteh
Well-known citizen

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Character name: Mysteh
Clan: Frozen Feet

Return to Age 5 Bugs Archive