Lost wolf

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Lost wolf

Postby randompresence » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi!
I lost my wolf during the update,it starved to death since I could not log on(obviously). I paid for it with real world money, so I think it is only fair that you return him. I do not want any credit back or refund or anything, just the wolf. No celtic dog either. Heck, I'd buy another one but thats not possible in this age...
Could you please revive Codak for me?

For the record, I think you should freeze gametime next time youre gonna do such a thing, or at least give us warning so we can pause our accounts.

Kind regards

Your paying customer randompresence
randompresence
Newcomer

Re: Lost wolf

Postby alexina » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi Randompresence,

Sorry for the loss of your wolf.

There was no way anyone could have informed us of the downtime - it was a bug and it happened unexpectedly both on HA from ages 1 to 3 and on the forum, therefore impossible to put our characters on pause before it happed.

All players lost something during that time, from health and morale to objects with little duration.

Good luck !
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Mike Dooley - TUT - Notes from the universe
alexina
Well-known citizen

Game Age: 4-Greek
Character name: AlekXiNa
Clan: Tribe of Panotioi

Postby Eagle » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Unfortunately, it is impossible to replace a wolf in age 2 since they are only available when brought from age 1. The only animal available in age 2 is the snake.

As Alexina said it was not an intentional shutdown where the game would have been saved. If anything was low on conservation they were lost.
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Postby randompresence » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Its not a question of conservation, its a question of not being able to log on to feed the wolf because of this bug. I understand then, that you offer no guarantee for whatever I purchase on your servers. As for impossible, please don't make me laugh. Someone created this game, someone wrote the code, someone knows a way around it. Even I know a bit of C+, I don't know what program you used to write this.

In conclusion, whatever I buy from you could disappear at any moment, like fairy magic, and will not come back. I'm not made of money guys/ladies.

Btw I work in customer services(can't tell you where, I've signed a loooong document saying so, but I've seen the whole spectrum), so I'm trying to be understanding of the fact that it is not your personal fault. Please forward my comments though: Your policies suck and will definately not do you any favours. If it were only health/morale or similar(my character died but could be revived so thats ok) then fair enough, you can't control everything and shoot happens. But "irreversible" loss and all I get is a "good luck"...

Some advice: Alexina: Never say good luck to an angry customer, you are guaranteed to get an angry outburst, I speak from experience. Also, never point out that everyone else has had the same problem, its patronising. And I don't care about the health/morale, I just want an item back that I paid for, which when fed has unlimited duration. I never expected to lose it, ever. Had I had access I would have still had it, so don't mention duration. The loss is a direct consequence of the lack of access which would not have happened otherwise, and all you have to say is sorry and good luck. I'm sorry but I find it extremely provocative, I understand why people get angry at the "good luck" now. At least I've learnt something.

Eagle: Same thing about the conservation, the wolf has no expiry date. I have big problems believing nothing can be done, there is always *something*

I'm sorry for blowing up like this, but such an unprofessional reply really winds me up, until I realized the first one was actually in french, be careful with that in the future, it looks bad especially when someone is angry and looking for trouble.

I wish you the best of luck cleaning up the mess that bug left you(I don't envy you, I can't be the only angry player). You can forget about my problem, I'm leaving the game. No point if it can all disappear any moment and no help offered. Maybe you could state it somewhere that you take no responsibility for pets lost due to server/login/whatever issues? I'd been less angry had I known in advance.

It was fun while it lasted =)

-Randompresence
Last edited by Eagle on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing cursing and post in French
randompresence
Newcomer

Postby alexina » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:55 am

[size=110][color=#0040BF]
Hi Randompresence,

First I am just a player, therefore I was not answering to a customer, but trying to help a fellow player.

I did not use a google translator, the English language often skips words when it does not affect the meaning. The complete sentence would be : Therefore (it was) impossible...

However, I did mispell 'happened'. Sorry - not enough sleep I guess.
Last edited by Eagle on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not post in French in public posts
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Mike Dooley - TUT - Notes from the universe
alexina
Well-known citizen

Game Age: 4-Greek
Character name: AlekXiNa
Clan: Tribe of Panotioi

Postby Eagle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:23 am

Ok I wish to touch on some things here. The wolf itself can not be replaced in Age 2. The game when written did not allow for the capability to replace an animal that only will carry to age 2 (which would be lost if you ever decided to evolve to Age 3 where only the crocodile is available). You stated yourself you did not wish for the credit or any other compensation other than something that can not be delivered so that limits what help can be given.

This is a FREE game, buying items with credits is your decision alone.

You are free to do as you wish, if it is not to accept what can be done then so be it. I've told you the wolf is not an option and you calling people patronizing, liars, cursing in any language, etc. is unacceptable and will not change the outcome.

Alexina is a player who tries to help others and not a mod. She did not deserve your insults nor would any mod.

Now, to both of you, any language other than English is not allowed in public posts except in Babel Tower!

Locking this thread :thumbup:
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Return to Age 2 Questions