need to monitor "confessions"

If you've just evolved and feel a bit confused, seek help here!

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

need to monitor "confessions"

Postby animary » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:06 am

Unlike age 1, it appears the "confessions" page here is nothing but a chat room for half a dozen people. Ongoing conversations, little in-jokes, etc. Bah!
age 2 - animary
age 4 - kuneho
animary
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Frozen Feet

Re: need to monitor "confessions"

Postby double » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:29 am

well .... they probably forgot to include the ' I confess' stuffs .... :ninja:

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby dubjean » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:28 pm

No, the Age 2 confessional has become a Chat Thread/roleplay more than a Confessional. :?
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby double » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:00 am

does look like it indeed !
double
Respected citizen

Postby BiancaC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:54 am

Frankly that's better than age 4's confessional which had vulgar language on it for several weeks. And age 1's confessional the last time I looked had a large amount of vulgarity (for a kid's game). Age 2's confessional is probably the most active with certain members 'talking' a lot but at the same time, it's better than age 3's confessional where you can post about something once and have it left up for months after. At least there's movement of the confessions so the same person isn't getting advice for a comment they made for months!
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby booth123456 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:43 pm

I confess.... I enjoy the Age 2 confessional a lot even though I don't know all the people who post. It means there are people around who are actually playing the game and chatting and being friendly, where Age 3 and Age 4 seem to be lost. I would almost think no one plays there as the confessional seems dead and forgotten.

I confess... I am guilty of posting chatter in the confessional, but I do post real confessional at times too.

stefni - Female Chief in Age 2 from March 2010 to June 2011
booth123456 - Male Warrior in Age 5
booth123456
Village idiot

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Clan: Bursting Bellies

Postby MrKate » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:38 am

The confessional can be what you want it to be :) It's great for it's light hearted silliness but at the same time if people confess, they want help or advice, they get it.

There are plenty of lurkers :ninja: in there who don't (generally) get involved in the banter but do respond when people need them to, so please feel free to confess your sins :twisted:
for age 1 emblem: Image
MrKate
Newcomer

Character name: Zreina
Clan: Troglo-phones

Postby MrKate » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm

WOW - I'm a little taken back and really sad to see this in the confessional today :( Am I missing something?

-> Kindly keep the confessional free of things others do not need to know about. You know who you are, I will not be sending out another warning. Should there be more reports, your characters will be suspended for unlimited period. Rgds, Juni

Having looked at what the rules are about making a post (see below) and then reading through the confessionals that are currently posted there I can't see which ones breach the rules

This is where you can confess to your sins for all to see, which might make them more bearable. But make sure you abide by the following rules: .In case of insulting, racist, xenophobic, misogynous, etc.... messages, the author will have their account deleted without warning.

Asking for reputation is NOT allowed here. Since it is a sacred public place, the Supreme Druids warn all people that the confessional is NOT about politics, grudges or offensive language! It is NOT the Market, an advertisement panel or a place to discuss issues with the Human Age Administration. The Druids advise you to use the game and/or mainboard private messaging for these issues.

The Supreme Druids feel that breaching the above goes against the code of conduct for the confessional, therefore the offending confession(s) will be deleted and the player banned without warning.

The Supreme Druids would also remind players that the Friendly/Official/Final warning system has now been revoked.

Thank you for your understanding,
The Supreme Druids Council.

Can you give me some clarification as to what the problem actually is?

Personally, I like reading the confessional, it's silly and a great bit of light banter. So what if it's become a bit of a chat room? At least it's got a bit of life and it's giving people a chance to interact with each other and have a laugh. There is plenty of scope, as I mention in my previous post, for players to ask for help or just join in if they want to. In the confessional now there are a number of posts from new people who have all been made welcome and given support.

Really what is the problem? Like I said, am I missing something?

Zriena
MrKate
Newcomer

Postby August » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm not in Age 2 anymore so I'm not sure what goes on in the confessional but I'm guessing that whatever posts that message is referring to have been deleted by the admins. Therefore you are only seeing the 'normal' posts which is why the message doesn't make sense to you and probably only makes sense to the 'you know who you are' people the message is referring to (and the people who saw the posts before they were deleted).
Age 5 - August
Age 4 - aithne
August
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: August/aithne
Clan: Templar Phones

Postby wyldheart » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 am

I was very confused by the post myself. i know others were also. is the rule we are not play around in the confessional at all. or was some rule broken? the message said you know who you are but i am afraid some of us do not know if we the who,that is supossed to know who we are? i was told about the topic because of others who also do not know if it was them! thanks, Wyldheart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_6QitSMLc
wyldheart
Village idiot

Character name: Wyldspirit
Clan: Templars of Gaia

Postby Lady Aliah » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 am

Wouldn't you know who you were because your conversation has been deleted? I would think that if there's nothing objectionable on there now, then the offending posts have been removed. If you haven't posted anything that's been removed, then you're "safe", so to speak. :)

[Edit] On a thought, I went to read the page. I don't go in there often, but I noticed something at the top; "lake dwelling life" is highlighted in blue, and I don't recall that there before. The entire passage goes:
The confessional enables you to pay for your sins. Be it in your celtic life or another, confessing your sins won't hurt. The confessions can concern your lake dwelling life or a previous one. They can be anonymous or not, and you can choose whether people can reply to them or not. For further guidance on the code of conduct in the confessional - please see the bottom of the page.

Aside from "celtic" needing to be capitalized, the "lake dwelling life" sticks out like a sore thumb. If that's new and intentional, maybe they intend to convey that confessions must be about our roleplay lives? It indicates that the code of conduct at the bottom is not the sole guide, but "further guidance". Taken together, it now seems that the two "guides" are intended to restrict "confessions" (or conversation) to ages 1 and 2. Can that be right? :?
Last edited by Lady Aliah on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abiageal and Julianna - Age 5
Lady Aliah - Age 4
Lady Beth-Ann - Age 3
Lady Cyvik - Age 2
Lady Aliah
Village idiot

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Left Handers

Postby wyldheart » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:24 am

Well, i did not know the offensive post had deleted. that clears things up for me! thanks and Sorry!Wyldheart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_6QitSMLc
wyldheart
Village idiot

Character name: Wyldspirit
Clan: Templars of Gaia

Postby MrKate » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:04 am

I'm not entirely sure posts have been deleted. Can you tell us that Juni?
MrKate
Newcomer

Postby Juni » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Yes they have been deleted, like another player mentioned, the players who had their "confessions"deleted would know who they are.
Juni
Girl From Mars

Character name: Juni
Clan: Friend to All

Return to Age 2 Questions