Stats help with Hunting? & More

If you've just begun, are stuck, or confused, get help here! Quest help is only available in your clan's forums

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Stats help with Hunting? & More

Postby Teva » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:42 am

I'm Teva and I'm 9 moons so far, Hi :)

Q. #1 : I was wonder if adding to the strength, stamina, or intelligence stat can increase how much prey you get and/or the size of the prey. Like I normally catch bugs or a lamb, so if I added to strength could I catch a dinosaur? {I keep my morale high, I heard that is very important, I am also using a slingshot}

Q. #2 : I'm on the weapon making quest now, and I'm low on KC, is it bad I started that quest so soon? I haven't made and wrong turns or mistakes thanks to an experienced player who helped me :) But the quests makes me pay to sleep/eat so its only normal that I'm low on KC right? {I don't have much Income, i play the scratch card {I dont win :( } and work, and sell my prey if its not an ant/cricket, because i eat those.

Q. #3 : Is it bad i have not added any points to my stats?{it costs 5KC a point so i haven't gotten any}

Thanks for any and all answers, i really appreciate it :)
Teva
Newcomer

Re: Stats help with Hunting? & More

Postby Arnica » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:56 am

Hello, welcome. Your skills (strength,stamina,knowledge) contribute to your success on most everything you do. So the answer is, Yes, increasing your skills will help you in your hunting. It is unusual to start your quests without first raising skills. Since raising skills to maximum is required before you evolve, why not make other activities easier by getting skills raised first? It does make a difference.

I have read on these forums that strength is more used than stamina and knowledge. Put more effort into raising strength first. I personally have not been able to tell much difference.
Arnica
Newcomer

Game Age: 4-Greek
Character name: Arnica
Clan: Olympian belly

Postby Zora » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:49 pm

I have to agree. Having stats maxed out will make overall life easier for your character, including hunting and quests. You didn't specify an exact kneecap amount you currently have, but in my experience, quests can get to be very expensive. Spending time saving up money might be a good idea. Your individual clan should offer a walkthrough where you can find out how much the quest costs. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=20698 That should take you to the right link. Just click on your clan's name.
Zora
Newcomer

Postby dubjean » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:16 am

It actually takes longer to do some of the quests without full stats than if you increased your skills first. It may seem like you are getting ahead faster by jumping right in but it will delay you by making things harder, along with not getting more income from hunts. Skills/stats are very important as you move through the ages as they really start to affect what you do. It's a good habit to start out with. ;)
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Return to Age 1 Questions