this is getting out of hand

If you've just begun, are stuck, or confused, get help here! Quest help is only available in your clan's forums

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Re: this is getting out of hand

Postby dubjean » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 am

There is a sharpener in age 1 that I use for my spear that way I never lose it. I'm not sure when he shows up but it is near the public well.

We do sympathize with your plight, and as I said we have complained about thieves through all the ages. They will not be re-coding anything so it's your choice to play as it is or not play, the same as you choose not to fight while still playing.

Good luck and hope you continue!
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby animary » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:08 am

Sharpener? I've been playing a little over a year and don't recall seeing such. Is this random?

dubjean wrote:... They will not be re-coding anything....

Ah, so their creation is perfect. The expression, "there's always room for improvement" having no pertinence here. It's too bad developers' egos so often conflict with old fashioned customer service (the aforementioned BTO being a shining exemplar of this attitude; their solution to complaints? remove the "bugs and suggestions" section of their forum).
age 2 - animary
age 4 - kuneho
animary
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Frozen Feet

Postby dubjean » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:03 pm

No, they are just busy elsewhere in the game. I don't believe they think they are perfect. ;)

I believe the sharpener shows up at certain times but as I don't need him that often then I just check for him when I'm close.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Zora » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:02 pm

From what I've seen, the sharpener shows up a few times per month, theoretically rotating between the clans. He sets up shop between the well and the hospital. You have to watch for it. It might be advertised on the newspaper page when he's in your clan, and I think he charges a fee for sharpening your weapons. I haven't used him, so I don't know what it is.
Zora
Newcomer

Postby Blsbet44 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:35 am

About the Sharpener: You have to pay attention to your Clan's newspaper. That's how I found out about the sharpener, mammoth hunts, etc :D

I also agree that if you steal, you should lose Morale Points OR Health, regardless of the outcome

If someone has a certain amount of Security in their home, then the thief should lose a certain % of Morale/ Health points

If the game can tell me that I have Brainitus or that someone has stole "x", then why not a loss of Morale/Health points to a thief?

2 things that could be done

1) Thief could've been hit on the head by the sign (lose a few points) or pummeled a bit by the gorilla (trip to hospital) or even bitten by the duck will equal to a loss of health points but ONLY if the person he's stealing from HAS security.

2) Thief could've stolen a small or large item(s) = loss or maintain Morale Points (depends on what's stolen)

Maybe this'll encourage not only a spike in Security items but also a thief'll have to take his chance on what the person has for Security
You see... the thief won't know till he/she strikes.

Can't this be done with triggers in the files?

Isn't that how it is in real life? Thieves don't know till they get to their destination just how secure the property is. And the property owner doesn't know how secure the property is until the thief strikes?

Just a thought :D
Blsbet44
Newcomer

Game Age: 1-Prehistoric
Clan: Troglo-phones

Postby animary » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 am

BiancaC wrote:Z... all of the items (including the gods) reset their conservation when bought off of the market. .....I keep myself protected sometimes with a protection god (picking it up from the market and keeping it until it's close to expiring and then reselling it) ....

"You lost a(n) Koriga, the god of security that you had for sale on the market. It reached the end of its conservation length."

???
age 2 - animary
age 4 - kuneho
animary
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Frozen Feet

Previous

Return to Age 1 Questions