2 questions on the game

If you've just begun, are stuck, or confused, get help here! Quest help is only available in your clan's forums

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

2 questions on the game

Postby Erzulie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:34 pm

1) Each day on my first log-in at Human Age I loose 3 kneecaps. Is that supposed to happen?

2)On the Character page where it shows the characters stats in a box with the messages funtion (little envelope icon), I notice that some folks have their own text in the lower part of the box. It tells me each day how I'm doing. But I would like to put a two line poem there if I can. How is this done, adding your own text to this area??
Erzulie
Newcomer

Game Age: 1-Prehistoric
Character name: Erzulie

Re: 2 questions on the game

Postby double » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:57 am

1) don't think so , maybe you can check your character events to see if you got thieved ? or perhaps you sent a couple of dice/bones bets to someone and they accepted while you were away ?

2) go to friends >> then " Status" and you can put in what you like. you won't be able to see what you wrote on your own page though.

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby Erzulie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks for the status message info.

BUT ABOUT LOSING 3 KNEECAPS everyday when I first check in-NO, I'm getting pretty good at this (thus far), definatly no theiving and I dont bet. When I first check in my kneecaps are at say..65. as I read the paper. The minute I go to my Character page OR anyother 3 kneecaps are deducted from my total. Every single day. If there is no reason why, CAN IT BE FIXED???????
Erzulie
Newcomer

Postby BiancaC » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:54 pm

I can't remember if this is a daily thing, but if you were a water carrier, the bribe to work as one is 3 KC. Have you noticed it change to 5 KC now (as I checked your character's job and it's now a wood gatherer which is a 5 KC bribe.
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby Lady Aliah » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:57 am

I've a character in age 1, and I've never had a problem like this. The bribe is a one-time deduction, taken when you start the job; it's not taken daily, or it would negate the minimal amount of kc you get as a wage in some of the jobs (like lumberjacking).
Abiageal and Julianna - Age 5
Lady Aliah - Age 4
Lady Beth-Ann - Age 3
Lady Cyvik - Age 2
Lady Aliah
Village idiot

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Left Handers

Postby BiancaC » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:23 am

But those jobs give you wood or water in addition to the wage given to you. I don't know whether it would be coded that it's a daily wage or not, I was just suggesting it since I know relying only on the job for money is incredibly hard and leaves players poor for a long time. I've had three characters go through age 1 and I seem to remember a deduction happening on a fairly regular basis. However, I've been paused since August so I'm not sure whether it was a daily or weekly or per job deduction.
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby Erzulie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Thank you, Thank you.

That's the whole point of asking. If I can't figure it out and I read the FAQ and search here and still can't get it I run it by y'all.
I'm communicating instead of playing out other people's part in a conversation (or inquery) in my head. In the U.S. at least, this has come to be considered dis-courteous but I believe that keeping everyones behavior and information inside your own mind with no reality checks is a weird way to live. Like having a movie wrapped around your senses all the time and assuming that the people around you are all in the same movie and using your srcipt. I may seem brash to some folks because I wont do that, not even in a game (but I am old SCA'er and know my roleplay stuff). And I really do think the 'Plunder' aspect of the is undeveloped and needs some work.
Erzulie
Newcomer

Postby Lady Aliah » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:53 am

I would suggest, Erzulie, that you keep a written record of your kneecaps. If you are keeping a record, adding your hunting kneecaps and wages, subtracting bought items, and it still seems that kc are disappearing each day with no record in your events on why, then you could report a bug. Just as as reference, I'll do the same, and we can compare after a couple of days. :)
Abiageal and Julianna - Age 5
Lady Aliah - Age 4
Lady Beth-Ann - Age 3
Lady Cyvik - Age 2
Lady Aliah
Village idiot

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Left Handers

Return to Age 1 Questions