E-mail become un-validated?

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

E-mail become un-validated?

Postby BiancaC » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:47 am

Hello,

I'm not sure when this started, but for the last two updates I haven't gotten the gift items in my house. Another player suggested I re-validate my e-mail address to restart the items showing up but I didn't change anything to make the gifts stop appearing. Is this a known glitch?

I'm not used to having gift items in my house yet (only 19 moons old in age 4) but I know it didn't show up for two days at the very least. Now that I've validated my e-mail address, I'm going to have to wait until the next reset for a gift item but my real question is how will I know when the game un-validates my e-mail address? How can I make sure that it's validated before each reset?
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Re: E-mail become un-validated?

Postby Chris@home » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Hello Bianca,

Your email address should not "unvalidate". I see your email address has been validated so you should receive a gift every update. Please let me know if this is not the case!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby BiancaC » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:36 am

After another player mentioned that my e-mail might have become unvalidated, I checked it and sent a validation e-mail to myself again and validated it.

I did get the free gift today, but if there's records of when I validated my e-mail address, I validated it the same day I joined age 4 which was twenty days ago.

Yesterday I didn't get a free gift and I don't remember getting one (or I forgot to check, again, not used to having something like this in the house yet) the day before. So should I be checking that my e-mail is validated every day or every ten days or something like that?

Does the e-mail address unvalidate itself if you forget to open the free gift box?
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Postby August » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Have you had enough room in your house at update? This happened to someone I know and he kept putting in his email again etc.. but it turned out that he just didn't have a space available! This may not be your case but I thought I would mention it because it's something he never even thought would happen.
Age 5 - August
Age 4 - aithne
August
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: August/aithne
Clan: Templar Phones

Postby BiancaC » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 am

I have nothing in my hut half the time and when I do have something, it's just one item. There's more than enough space. I wish I had taken the time to get a picture before I put in my e-mail address again but the page SAID that my e-mail address was validated. Another player mentioned that I should put in the same e-mail into the 'new e-mail' section and re-validate.

There's pretty much no way for me to check whether it's unvalidated if the page itself says it is validated when the game treats it as if it's not validated.
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Postby Chris@home » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:54 am

Your email address is still validated. To be sure you understand, these gifts do not accumulate. If you don't open one, you will not get another at the update! If you go away for a couple of weeks you will not return to find your hut full of daily gifts, you only receive one at any given time!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Postby BiancaC » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 pm

I do understand that there is only one per day. I also understand that for at least two straight days, there was nothing in my hut to open. Leeloo also discussed on another thread that my house repair should not have ever listed itself as being more than 100% and yet it did. Is this a glitch that could be related to the gifts? I am only asking this because it's a glitch with the house and a glitch in items in the house which if I understand programming, should be close together. Or closer than say a glitch in the shop and a glitch in the hunting sections of the game.

I'm kind of wishing that it happens again so that I can get screen shots to prove that the email did list that it was validated and yet no gift items appeared in my hut.
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Postby Chris@home » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 am

Aha, the building bug may well have been the cause of this! The coder is aware of this issue and is looking to fix it!

Since the building's back to normal, you're receiving the gifts then?
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Postby BiancaC » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm not sure if I repaired my house for the second time after I re-validated my email or not... The gifts have been coming since I re-validated though.

Should I repair my house, see what happens the next day in regards to gifts and then we'll know if it's fixed or not?
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Postby Chris@home » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 am

You can try, but the coder hasn't had time to sort this issue out yet, though it seems to be a rare occurrence!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Postby BiancaC » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:35 am

Ok, so I'm an idiot who just repaired my house and it's happening again right now.

When I click on the repair button, it shows this:

repairs

Type of home:
Shelter
State: 87%
Oak trunks required: in repair
Clay required: in repair
Iron ore required: in repair
Stone required: in repair
Energy required: in repair
Construction time: another 4m 4s
Remaining construction time: 4m 4s

But when I look in my house at it, it says that the state of repair is 105%

So my e-mail might become unvalidated once it's done. I'll know if it's valid if the gift comes through after tomorrow's reset.

EDIT: My gift came in so I think the glitches have left me. Yay!!
Last edited by double on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: appears to be resolved
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Return to Age 4 Bugs Archive