Mobile: Unable to access login fields on new GA homepage

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Mobile: Unable to access login fields on new GA homepage

Postby Lexxis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 am

With the advent of the new GA homepage, I am now unable to access the login fields for existing accounts while using my Blackberry. There is no Login link for me to click on the graphics. Every clickable area seems to submit the new member fields. I didn't have this problem with the "old" GA login page.

How can I get to the login for existing accounts?

Device: BlackBerry 8830
Browsers: Opera and BlackBerry browser
Javascript is enabled

Thanks. I appreciate any help you can provide. :-)
Lexxis
Newcomer

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Clan: Toga Grinder

Re: Mobile: Unable to access login fields on new GA homepage

Postby Lexxis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Additional info:
Using Opera, I tried clicking the invisible boxes that are hyperlinked. I finally found the one that would take me to the login for existing players.

HOWEVER, when I enter my password on that page, the password is in the clear--not masked by asterisks. And I am unable to find any ENTER button or hyperlinked invisible box.

So... I'm still dead in the water.

I wish the web developers could see what the page looks like on mobile now. It's just not usable. I hope someone can help!

Thanks. :)
Lexxis
Newcomer

Postby thefairychik » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:29 pm

ok now im sure its not just me. I had posted elsewhere about a problem I was having with playing from my phone.

link to my problem is here: viewtopic.php?f=332&t=20320

I was able to get into my character because I had the login saevd but I could not do anything once I logged in. maybe someone will look into it for us.
thefairychik
Hermit

Clan: Eggo Hedonos

Postby Juni » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:05 pm

FYI, We are currently looking into this :thumbup:
Juni
Girl From Mars

Character name: Juni
Clan: Friend to All

Postby Chris@home » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Okay guys, there's a new login for non iPhone mobile users , can you give it a test and tell me if it works please?

If some parts aren't directly accessible, you should be able to access them through the sitemap.

And I'd like to remind you that the game in mobile mode is not fully functional but there's enough available to do the basics :)
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby thefairychik » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:18 pm

ok from my phone I can do some things now. the appearance is still off, sometimes I get an actual screen as it should look and sometimes i get the white screen with random bits of picture there. I can get to the site map and access some things from there. the shop is still not accesable to me. it is there if I go through the site map but once I get to the shop page it wont let me click on any categories. there are also random lines of code? showing up in the top of the screen, if that helps. and I assume when you say mobile its the light version? I know its not full mode but I have always been able to do everything from my phone in light version untill recently.

my hubby has a blackberry 8320 and he can login and get to the sitemap for some things, but he cant take any job except construction and cant go to the shop either. he also has the random lines of code appearing there too.
thefairychik
Hermit

Clan: Eggo Hedonos

Postby Lexxis » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm

I have a Blackberry and was so excited that I could log in this morning that I didn't test everything.

I am glad to report that the password field is now masked again. I was able to hunt and work a construction job. I was also able to buy grapes in the shop. I will test more thoroughly this weekend.

Thanks!
Lexxis
Newcomer

Return to Age 4 Bugs Archive