God Protected Clan Wars

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

God Protected Clan Wars

Postby bbhbc10 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:06 pm

not sure what is going on, but we have hit the "God Wall" 26 times out of the last 30 clan wars we have ran and have only been sucessfully attacked 6 times...since the 23/24th update. :(

some I know should have gotten thru and some shouldn't have, but this is an unbelievable bad streak for us. :roll:

Is there a problem with it or are we just the unluckiest clan of the group? :hmmm:
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Game Age: 6-Western
Clan: Troglahoma

Re: God Protected Clan Wars

Postby dubjean » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Well, you are unluckier than us but we are hitting too many gods too. Starting from the 23/24 update we have hit the "god wall" 24 out of 32 clan wars and have been successfully attacked 7 times.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby Gronk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 am

So, I thought I'd add to the fun here. Since the 23-24 update OoC has launched 47 PEs. Thirty-nine have met the gods. That includes a stretch of eleven in a row that were turned away. We have only defended 8 times since the 23-24 update. I know we're being attacked more often than that! We typically defend that many times in a single day!
Married in Ages 2, 4 & 5 to the awesome Ryv
Age 2 Daemyn/Aramanda
Age 4 Gronk/Rivyolie
Age 5 Alexio/Maraiama
~~~
Member of the Kenny Gala Secret Society.
Gronk
Princess

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Character name: Gronk
Clan: Hanging Dogs

Postby bbhbc10 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 am

SO, it looks like that everyone of us has been attacked the minimum per day...give or take

the old rules were that we could only be attacked 2 times a day no matter how many clans attacked us that day, before they started the French Rules of: A Clan can only be attacked 2 times minimun per day or Can be attacked as many times a day as they send out Sucessful Attacks against another Clan..

Am I missing something? :hmmm:
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby Eagle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 am

Well let me add us to the "god wall" we have hit only 3 times out of 27 . Seems TG is having no problem as we are defending twice a day against them.
Don't dig for water under the outhouse.
Eagle
Officially S(n)oaring Waxed Eagle

Character name: Eagle Eye
Clan: Friend to All

Postby double » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 am

The admins are checking on this at the moment.

ImageMarried to the lovely and talented Nogarey:)Image
double
Respected citizen

Postby Chris@home » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:28 am

Hi guys,

As you can tell, the PE coder is still changing things. Tbh I have no idea why he changed them in the first place but I don't have a say in it, I just give him the feedback I'm getting from here and hoping he takes note.

Right, as far as I can tell:
From the moment a clan gets attacked (successfully or not), let's say at 11am, and then again at 1pm. The clan will be protected for 24 hours after it was *first* attacked! In this case, at 11:01am the next day, it can get attacked again. If it does indeed get attacked at 11:01am, it will be protected again until 1:01pm at which point it can get attacked again, etc.

I hope this makes sense to you all, tbh it's not that easy to understand for me either seeing as it's been changed so often.

So, in summary, the 24 hour period is not dependant on the midnight update but rather when the first attack took place.

Another thing I must point out, with the clocks changing last Sunday morning, this may have caused an abnormality in the Greek-Age time/space continuum resulting in unplanned consequences such as an extra, or one less PE.

Great scott!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby bbhbc10 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:08 pm

so we go back on restrictions again as to how we send out wars, and it will be a first come first served clan war again. I actually found it easier to do it with "a clan can be attacked 2 times a day unless they send out a sucessful attack, then they can be attacked as many times as they send out sucessful attacks".

we already went thru this months ago and it's just not worth it..causes too much complications and we have to go back on relying on too much communications with other clans for "friendly wars" at a set time or just try like hell to be the first to get to each clan.
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby LilienJewell » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Hmmmm, clan wars, friendly or unfriendly :P provide lot of XP for warriors and enable people to level up very quickly, maybe this needed to be supressed? :hide:
LilienJewell
Newcomer

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Lilien
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby bbhbc10 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:32 pm

LilienJewell wrote:Hmmmm, clan wars, friendly or unfriendly :P provide lot of XP for warriors and enable people to level up very quickly, maybe this needed to be supressed? :hide:

our people can get more xp from village wars now than clan wars. I am tempted to call off all of our clan wars with everyone and just tell everyone to rely on village wars for their XP. And for those that are not in a village, either join the elite guard or a bellicose village, or find your xp somewhere else.

not going to pay everyone 5 dr that signs into a clan war that may or may not make it thru. We were wasting 1900dr a week on God walls alone.

Let's all refer back to this old topic for a minute:

viewtopic.php?f=341&t=18772
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Postby Eagle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Okay that is all fine and good for you all to stop (and I don't blame you) but we are at war with TG. So the rule Chris sorry isn't panning out to me. How is it that TG is getting two hits in a day then? Has it reverted to everyone being hit only twice a day and if they are in friendlies with someone else they are being hit by the friendlies and not us? We can not just call off the PE's although it is doing us no good to send them. :?
Eagle

Postby dubjean » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Even better.. If I understand this correctly.... I have "friendlies" set up with TG, TP, OoC and CS. That means I can possibly hit all 4 of them if I'm lucky but can only be hit by whichever one of them gets to be the ones that get through the right 2 defenses! Good luck to all of you! :lol:
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Postby LilienJewell » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 pm

As I see it, clan wars are great help to gain XP (at least were before this change). Much more members of Elite Guard engage in fighting and defending in clan war than in defence in village war. Village wars are great too, but very few can sign up for every village war of the day and also not everyone defends during village war attack, actually most of the time you go to protect village that signed up for clan protection but you dont fight anyone on your patrol :P
if clan is able to launch for example 5 successul PEs a day and receives 5-7 attacks from other clans, its like plus 10-12 village wars for great number of Elite guard members, mostly without losing h/m cause they are used to fight on 20/20 all day long. Also I dont see any problem for clan that doesnt want to fight in clan PEs. You dont launch any PEs and possibly receive 2 attacks daily from agressor :P which is not such a problem to survive. But lot of clans want to fight and get xp for their soldiers and negotiated friendly PEs and i think they deserve not meeting gods. As for paying people not from EG to sign up for clan PEs, I dont think its necessary, just find good and active generals who will participate themselves or are able to convince people to join PEs.
Hopefully it will be changed back to normal :wish: , now each clan can be successfully attacked only twice a day, which is quite miserable and its more luck based. :violin:
LilienJewell
Newcomer

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Lilien
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby dubjean » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 pm

You forgot that it is boring and not as fun to play! :sleep:
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Postby Eagle » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:43 am

To top it off Generals get frustrated (at least this General is) along with those that enroll. The enrollment goes down. And I agree Eckho it is boring. No one wants to read line after line that the tribe was protected by the gods. Yes the XP is definitely a factor.After the last 'tweak' we saw how unhappy all the warriors were. The whole idea for elites is the XP, take that away = very bored players. That was a true statement about the village wars. Many do not get to be involved in many of the village wars,if any, therefore depend on the clan wars to gain a little XP.
Eagle

Next

Return to Age 4 Bugs Archive