Unlisted Prey? [OK]

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Unlisted Prey? [OK]

Postby Alljobeasy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:19 am

In the market today I saw a Kumping Impala in the food section, but it doesn't appear in the Ministry of Hunting and Fishing. It also isn't sold in the shop, so is this a recently added animal or a "special" prey? Here is a screenshot of it:
DC Scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Alljobeasy Please click!
Without love, it cannot be seen. Left for the Golden Gameboard December 1st, 2010.
Alljobeasy
Respected citizen

Re: Unlisted Prey?

Postby BiancaC » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:09 pm

There isn't a special hunt in age 3, so I would assume that if it's not in the ministry then it's possibly a raffle-only animal. However, I don't really pay attention to what's in the raffle (even though I play it all the time) so I'm not sure but it would make sense that the raffle might have animals that we can't otherwise hunt.

That, and the fact that Darkwitch won the last raffle and is showing as the owner of the animal up for sale.
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Re: Unlisted Prey?

Postby Chris@home » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:21 am

The Age 3 coder tells me there *is* a special hunt, so this animal can come from there or from the raffle ;)

There was also a bug related to this with it showing 2 animals instead of 1, this should be fixed too!
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Re: Unlisted Prey? [OK]

Postby BiancaC » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:41 pm

There's a special hunt in age 3 that's similar to the mammoth/shark hunts in the previous ages? How is it that there's never a notice about it in the events list like there is for those hunts? Or in the news page? In all the months that I've been in age 3, there's never been an option to participate in a clan wide hunt let alone an age wide hunt like there is in age 1, 2, and 4 (I'm not in age 5 so I have no clue about any hunt for them). And players that have been in age 3 longer than I have also say that there's no special hunt (or that they haven't been able to find it if it exists).

Would you care to explain the special hunt a bit more or is it more of a speical spot on the grid for prey that isn't listed in the ministry of hunting and fishing? Rather than a group activit like the other ages' hunts are?

Or is it not properly coded into the game play? Like how the FAQ button has apparently never been coded to work?
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Re: Unlisted Prey? [OK]

Postby Chris@home » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:33 am

I'm sorry, it seems you're absolutely correct, the special hunting hasn't been running for like 2 years in Age 3... I've reset it now and it should take place around the 27th or 28th or August. I have no idea why it hasn't been running and no one's mentioned it until now!

Please let me know if nothing happens in a week's time so I can look into it!
Last edited by double on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: locking - resolved
Chris@home
Addicted to Waffles

Clan: Arkansniffs

Return to Age 3 Bugs Archive