Elections

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Re: Elections

Postby flyawayblue » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:56 pm

I agree with mixedbouquet, we should just make everyone the same. That would be horrible.

If we can't workout what things should be the best to do would be to go back to the numbers as of end Feb :(
flyawayblue
Hermit

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby k3wldud3 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:42 am

mixedbouquet wrote:I'm just saying give them time to look into this for a fairer solution. Some clans also have healer programs and have worked hard to promote people to sem priest level. There might not be a simple answer to this, but I know that if I worked my hiney off for over a year to get my rep points high (I like my rankings :lol: ), and they were just wiped away to me made equal to those who hardly ever log in, I'd be very upset. ;)

I'm hoping that those who exploited this bug can be pinned down and, at the very least, their extra rep points stripped since exploiting a bug is strictly against the rules.

obviously you have no idea how many people have voted more than once. there are some extremely obvious ones, but many aren't so. i've noticed my rankings for RP has dropped by over 100 in the past week.

we all know that there is no way to revert back to the way it was before elections, since this hasn't been fixed yet. giving people RPs to distribute will be fair for healer programs. distributing the same amount of RPs for cult points wont really make a difference, people either want or dont want to get RPs. the majority of the people who want them would probably already be going to cult wweekly, and the people who dont want them will stay as they are.
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Character name: kookiekreme
Clan: Flogaro Feet

Postby flyawayblue » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:48 pm

I was 3rd in our tribe for RP ranking .. i was a very active healer and often used by 40 heals a day. If you even everyone out i don't know where i will be but i know that their are a few characters older than me...

I kept my Age 3 character to help people in Age 3. I created an Age 4 person from scratch and have worked hard to get that one up to a good standing when i could have just evolved and got extra things.

Honestly if you level everyone out i will stop playing Age 3 :(
I do not see why we can't go back to the standing on 28/02/09 every server has a back up!!
flyawayblue
Hermit

Postby Allaya » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:34 pm

I really don't care how many voted more than once. I was in 9th place and only dropped 2 places and who cares. So long as no one lost their ability to heal then what harm was done?

The only damage I can see that was done was in the election itself, so why not just hold a special election with no RP gain, if Chris is agreeable? :roll:
Member of the Kenny Gala Secret Society
by _Tycoon_
Laimey-Age 1 QueenStratus-Age 3 Allaya-Age 4 Stratacus-Age 6
Allaya
Well-known citizen

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Allaya/QueenStratus
Clan: Friend to All

Postby k3wldud3 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:19 am

yes, but then whats the point of having healers if everyone can be one
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Postby flyawayblue » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:37 pm

I feel that one of the main parts of Age 3 is to gain XP and RP. XP is a bit easier as you can just hunt every day, but RP you need to really become part of the game.

You need to find a swapping partner, maybe get married, have kids and continue to play the game.
You can donate to other poor players and gain RP that way.
You can vote, but only once a month.
Cult visits

Also a few tribes have had healer programs, these saw many players working together to make their tribes healers better...

I really feel like letting some people keep 20,000 RP is totally wrong. :(

Will these people continue to work like the previous healers? They don't have the money to advance in healer ranks so they will never become the Semi Priests we need. They have just taken the top three and the healers guild away from players who helped their tribe.

(sorry for the long rambling post!)
flyawayblue
Hermit

Postby k3wldud3 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:37 pm

if you make everyone's xp zero, and then give people back their RPs to give out, that might work. at least people wont have ridiculous RP amounts, and healer programs could catch up to the present.
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Postby flyawayblue » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:28 pm

I still don't see why there isn't a back up to the end of February.

What if the servers went down, are they really expecting us to believe this isn't backed up somewhere?
flyawayblue
Hermit

Postby k3wldud3 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:39 am

flyawayblue wrote:I still don't see why there isn't a back up to the end of February.

What if the servers went down, are they really expecting us to believe this isn't backed up somewhere?

yes that's what they are expecting. and its not "they", its "him"
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Postby mixedbouquet » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:08 am

k3wldud3, please allow them time to get this looked into and resolved. Things are rarely as simple and "obvious" as we would like them be. ;)
mixedbouquet
Momsie

Clan: Crusaders of the Sword

Postby k3wldud3 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:12 am

im sorry, but it has already been a week, and its obvious there is no backup, otherwise it would have been fixed already. im just giving suggestions to fix the problem since everyone knows that it will not go back to the way it was before elections
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Postby julnar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:21 am

k3wldud3 wrote:im sorry, but it has already been a week, and its obvious there is no backup, otherwise it would have been fixed already. im just giving suggestions to fix the problem since everyone knows that it will not go back to the way it was before elections

Don't be impatient, some things take time to fix. If you're really bothered waiting pm a mod to check on the status.
julnar
Newcomer

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Character name: julnar
Clan: Knights of the Round Belly

Postby k3wldud3 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:29 am

how would you even know if they have started fixing it?
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Postby mixedbouquet » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:18 pm

I know because I am a mod and have been discussing it with admin. As I have asked, please be patient. There have been other issues in the past week that have required more urgent attention. Please be assured that they are working on it.
mixedbouquet
Momsie

Clan: Crusaders of the Sword

Postby k3wldud3 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:20 am

i see, im sorry, i dont mean to be a pain, its just that bugs on HA always take ages to fix, and there are so many of them.
k3wldud3
Village idiot

PreviousNext

Return to Age 3 Bugs Archive