Elections

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Re: Server Switch Related Age 3 Bugs

Postby Daaiya » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:32 am

i am posting here since i presume it has to do with the server switch as it was fine last month. so it's election time again:

and this happens when you click the "see candidates" button

Daaiya
I haz Darth Kitteh

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Elections

Postby bbhbc10 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:52 am

edited..: withdrew from election
Last edited by bbhbc10 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbhbc10
Village idiot

Game Age: 6-Western
Clan: Troglahoma

Re: Server Switch Related Age 3 Bugs

Postby Juni » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:05 am

Will inform Chris of it :thumbup: thanks!
Juni
Girl From Mars

Character name: Juni
Clan: Friend to All

Problem with candidates page

Postby joanne » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:02 pm

I can't see the candidates page on the election. It keeps giving me an error:
select IDCandidatureChef, joueur.IDJoueur, joueur.Nom, NbVote from joueur inner join clans on joueur.IDClan=clans.IDClan inner join candidatureChef on candidatureChef.IDJoueur = joueur.IDJoueur where joueur.IDClan= limit 0, 10

Numéro erreur : 1064
SQL erreur : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 10' at line 1

Is there anyone here that as the same problem as me?
If the problem is on my computer can anyone tell me what should I do?
Pleeeeease :wish:
by _Tycoon_
joanne
Hermit

Character name: Joanne
Clan: Khran Ra-Zeh

Re: Elections

Postby Ophelia » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:39 am

+1 :thumbup:
select IDCandidatureChef, joueur.IDJoueur, joueur.Nom, NbVote from joueur inner join clans on joueur.IDClan=clans.IDClan inner join candidatureChef on candidatureChef.IDJoueur = joueur.IDJoueur where joueur.IDClan= limit 0, 10

Numéro erreur : 1064
SQL erreur : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 10' at line 1
ImageImage
Ophelia
Active neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Character name: Ophelia
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby Daaiya » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:20 am

And this appears when one actually votes:

Daaiya
I haz Darth Kitteh

Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby SShadow_ro » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:12 am

Yes, there still is a glitch. I clicked on the "Vote" button once and that error appeared, but it also said I had voted. I clicked the "Vote" button a couple of times again to see if it was only a temporary glitch (as in, something related to a very quick connection timeout) and because it kept saying I was voting, even though it should have said I had already voted. I then tried checking out my RP, voted again, the same error appeared, the same "You voted for..." message showed up, and I also received the RP for voting.

I don't know exactly how many RPs I had before voting, but I might have unintentionally (well, actually, my intention was to get my vote acknowledged) stolen 15RP (that's 20RP for the four clicks minus 5RP for the actual, counted vote which I'm sure I gave on my final try, as I definitely know that the last try increased my RP).
SShadow_ro
Newcomer

Clan: Dancing Belly

Postby julnar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:54 am

SShadow_ro wrote:Yes, there still is a glitch. I clicked on the "Vote" button once and that error appeared, but it also said I had voted. I clicked the "Vote" button a couple of times again to see if it was only a temporary glitch (as in, something related to a very quick connection timeout) and because it kept saying I was voting, even though it should have said I had already voted. I then tried checking out my RP, voted again, the same error appeared, the same "You voted for..." message showed up, and I also received the RP for voting.

I don't know exactly how many RPs I had before voting, but I might have unintentionally (well, actually, my intention was to get my vote acknowledged) stolen 15RP (that's 20RP for the four clicks minus 5RP for the actual, counted vote which I'm sure I gave on my final try, as I definitely know that the last try increased my RP).

I had this happen to me too, I should only have my RP in the 40s. It also happened because I went back a few pages and landed on the vote page. Only the first one is correct, after them was an accident and a few tests to make sure it wasn't just a glitch but an actual bug.
Last edited by julnar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
julnar
Newcomer

Character name: julnar
Clan: Knights of the Round Belly

Postby xylyx » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:56 am

Hello!

I just evolved form Age 2 and went to vote today. When I did, I got this error message:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/humanage/www/Niveau3/PHP/CCJoueur.php on line 244

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/humanage/www/Niveau3/PHP/CCJoueur.php on line 245

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/humanage/www/Niveau3/PHP/CCJoueur.php on line 254

But below the error was the vote button again. So, trying to get my vote counted, I clicked the vote button quite a few more times hoping the error would resolve itself and I could get my vote in. I finally gave up, but when I went back to my character page, I noticed my Rep points were now over 50!!! :eek: I've only been in Age for a few days and have been to cult once and have not traded points with anyone, so I should still have less than 10 rep. Just wanted to report this so my character does not get deleted for cheating. :woohoo: Thanks.

XylyX
xylyx
Newcomer

Postby Lost_Soul » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:14 am

xylyx wrote:Hello!

I just evolved form Age 2 and went to vote today. When I did, I got this error message:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/humanage/www/Niveau3/PHP/CCJoueur.php on line 244

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/humanage/www/Niveau3/PHP/CCJoueur.php on line 245

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/humanage/www/Niveau3/PHP/CCJoueur.php on line 254

But below the error was the vote button again. So, trying to get my vote counted, I clicked the vote button quite a few more times hoping the error would resolve itself and I could get my vote in. I finally gave up, but when I went back to my character page, I noticed my Rep points were now over 50!!! :eek: I've only been in Age for a few days and have been to cult once and have not traded points with anyone, so I should still have less than 10 rep. Just wanted to report this so my character does not get deleted for cheating. :woohoo: Thanks.

XylyX

Me too! I think I should have 8. I had 3 (don't know why, maybe just from evolving?) and then the 5 for voting... so that's 8. I wasn't trying to cheat! I was testing it too... :X And welcome to Age 3 xylyx! It seems fun so far!
Age 5 - Isobel of the Village of Europa in the Kingdom of the Templar Phones
Age 4 - Demitria of the Tribe of Panotioi (Village of Europa in Delphi)
Age 3 - Lianna of the Thoth-Phones
Lost_Soul
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: Isobel
Clan: Templar Phones

Postby k3wldud3 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:15 am

yep same bug for everyone. reset my RPs to 176 if you can :blush:
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Character name: kookiekreme
Clan: Flogaro Feet

Postby wooxer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 am

The same thing happensin age 3 too. Someone reported this to me too.. Please take act and renumber the votes as I don't think is fair that any of us to be declared winner in elections due to a glich ;)
Last edited by wooxer on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Jijiberbecali & Irulan
Thru the history!
wooxer
Shy neighbour

Character name: AlexandruMacedon
Clan: Left hander of Zeus

Postby marius.farcas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:21 am

everybody is right. i got the same message and i received RP's everytime i pushed the button.
players must be adviced not to push the vote button many times in the scroll bar or/and the news.
the war between good and evil
just marius
marius.farcas
Wrapped in Angie's arms

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: marius
Clan: Left hander of Zeus

Postby Juni » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:16 am

Its been reported. and Chris is looking into it.

So from what I understand age 2 is also facing this problem?
Juni
Girl From Mars

Character name: Juni
Clan: Friend to All

Postby k3wldud3 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 am

this is going overboard, i've gotten about 900 votes in age 3 already. half of the top 20 rankings for rep shouldn't even be there. what are you going to do about this?

Edit: Age 2 seems to be working properly, bug only in age 3
k3wldud3
Village idiot

Character name: kookiekreme
Clan: Flogaro Feet

Next

Return to Age 3 Bugs Archive