About Thieves- An Age 1 problem?

Report bugs found in trying to use the forums here. Feel free to suggest improvements here too.

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

About Thieves- An Age 1 problem?

Postby Erzulie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:10 am

About Human Age players who play professional thieves. Yes it is a choice to 'Plunder' as it makes the game a little more interesting, having some ethics. Why a person would stay with this choice is morally reprehensible because it targets the free players. Some people can buy a security god others can't or feel it is too weird to pay real money for imaginary privileges. In any event only the basic members are defenseless. That means some people will knowing prey on these members for the reason of ruining there appreciation of the game. The professional thief plays only to discourage other players and delights in this childishness. They don't actually play the game, just act up until folks are really sick of them. Clans, get a grip on your chronic thieves. Human Age could/should limit this activity or have ways that members can address this with the specific offenders. If the playing field were even...but it ain't.

We may get stuck playing with malicious players but we ought to have ways of coping with them.
Erzulie
Newcomer

Game Age: 1-Prehistoric
Character name: Erzulie

Re: About Thieves- An Age 1 problem?

Postby psye » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:02 am

I, as a thief of later ages, actually agree that age 1 thieves should have limitations to how far they can go. It will cut back on those willing to evolve, thinking they will only be plundered heavily in the next ages too. It's like reading a book with terrible grammar in the first chapter, plot holes that give you a headache and characters that are just point blank unlikeable.

Fancy that! :whistle:
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby Erzulie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Either a player quickly buys an expensive security measure OR you try to save up for it BUT thieves come and steal your kcs when you go hunting. So it can function as a way to keep many, many players from ever evolving or in any other way be able to fully engage in the game.
A limit of 12 Plunders before punishment is an idea, the fact that a robbed player can Plunder back the person who robbed them without consequence (one of my favorite ideas), that a player who Plunders more than a dozen is banned, suspended, fined - heres an idear, held in stocks for a period of time and fined. Lots of ways to remedy.

But I have been looking at how many Plunders other players have endured and how much damage can be done and it is turning me off the game.
Erzulie
Newcomer

Postby BiancaC » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:06 pm

In age 1 (and age 2), it's fairly simple to stop thieves from stealing from you by hiding your kc (or th in age 2) in the market. The only age where it targets the free players is age 3. In age 1 and 2 (and to an extent in age 4), you can easily keep your money safe by reselling items in the market. And for age 1, the protection god (and everything I believe) resets it's conservation every time it is bought. Therefore a single credit can be used once and keep going for dozens of exchanges.

And why on earth would the game developers have a legitimate play option and then ban people from playing the game when they use it? Bans are for multi-accounting or stealing other people's accounts. Not for legitimate gameplay.
Age 1 - LadyRei (TG)
Age 2 - Deviant (TG)
Age 3 - BiancaC (TG)
Age 4 - SaharNuru (TG)
BiancaC
Active neighbour

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby Erzulie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:23 pm

It was recommended to me that I make this post ON the clan site and Age 1.

If there are Age 1 ways to address theft it would be a kindness to let the player know what they are. For instance, everywhere that I have looked thus far on the messageboard, warns that a Security God is the ONLY way to protect aginst theft. I have looked at the 'theft informs' of other players and it is obvious that security measures available and good stats are only somewhat effective. If there is a way to hide those kc's I think that the players who are losing hundreds of kc's to theft would like to know about it. So would I. How is it done.

My experience with putting items in the market is that they mostly disappear and I get nothing. There are, however, no restrictions on thieves. You dont like banning or suspension BUT what is wrong with LIMITS and or CONSEQUENCES or even A WAY FOR A PLAYER TO DIRECTLY ADDRESS THE THEIF and steal their stuff back???

This is what I wrote to some Druids;
It IS pretty weird that thiefs can steal with impunity (which encourages everyone to thieve) and players have no recourse or defense (except staying in the cave all the time (so why play?) well, you have to spend cash for a security god, if you try to save up....the money is constantly stolen and you can\'t. So is the game MADE to defeat a non-cash player? If so, I should be outta here.
Erzulie

Remedys;
1) A player may rob no more than 12 times.
2)Wherin a player would be suspended
3) or banned
4) If you are robbed you can rob the thief with no consequence.
5) If you are robbed you can appeal to the thiefs clan for- time spent in stocks,
6) a fine
7)a work suspension,
8. loss of all morale points.

Easy ideas so why is it like this? It would be better if it were a paying game rather than coercive.
My humble opinion.

LATER Monday. Thus far I have 46 "Right on, way to go." messages. If you listen I think that you can hear in a more general sense that this is an undeveloped part of the game.
Erzulie
Newcomer

Return to Forum Queries