Age 5 guild suggestion

Report bugs found in trying to use the forums here. Feel free to suggest improvements here too.

Moderators: Game Moderators, Super Moderators

Age 5 guild suggestion

Postby YOYO2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:14 am

I have a suggestion for a guild for age 5. It would be the wealthiest guild. The benefit of this guild would allow you not to be robbed or burgled and you would not need a magic key. :thumbup:
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: YOYO2
Clan: Mississipeds

Re: Age 5 guild suggestion

Postby psye » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:01 pm

I think that's ridiculous and unfair :thumbup:
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Clan: Arkansniffs

Postby YOYO2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:14 am

Just because you rob alot doesn't mean my suggestion is ridiculous and unfair..If you made your crowns in an honest way like majority of the players you would agree with my suggestion...
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Postby StarBright » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:38 am

How do you know they steal alot?

Why don't we expand this to all of the top ten rankings? Let's say the top ten thieves would never be named when they steal and never lose rep points either. That would cut out the need to buy a credit item.
Also, let's give the top 10 merc's double the stats for the weapons they use.

This sounding silly now? Quite a few people dislike being stolen from too but they either buy a key or put up with it as its a part of the game. Rewarding very few people and ignoring the majority is unfair. If you don't want money stolen, then use the bank. ;-)
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby psye » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 pm

:violin: << that's how much I care. I don't steal IRL, I steal IG. Got that ? In. Game.

I also hunt. I donate to my Church and Kingdom. I help smaller players when they need it. I give free medium Health and Morale potions to people who can't afford them, do you know how much I pay for Belladonna and Borage ? A glass bottle alone is 60 - 100cr, depending on who is selling them (yes, I read Xan having a rant about what prices are unfair, that thread is a real laugh) Borage is 70+ cr, Belladonna can be 200 cr. I also let a friend catch me with a bounty of 1000cr on my head, which gave her 300xp. I gave another person a 5000cr bounty to hunt which gave her 900xp and enough cr to continue her trade. Just because you're jealous that some of us have found a better NRG to XP gain ratio than you have, doesn't mean you need to bad mouth us to everyone else.

Get over your unrealistic 'oh no! virtual money! if you steal, you're a bad person!' trip and enjoy the game. It's not often one comes by a game this enjoyable online. And don't ask the admins to make the richest players untouchable when most of you don't do half as much with all those thousands of crowns as the rest of us do with a couple of hundred.

Judge me not, puppy.

Signed,

Your garden variety Robin Hood!
"If someone hates you, be proud that you’ve done something worthwhile enough for them to disapprove of."
psye
Hermit

Postby YOYO2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Well I do alot with my crowns...that benefit my village and my friends...So whatever... everyone is entitled to their opinion :hand:
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Postby dubjean » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Robin Hood did not steal from the poor, Gorey, so try again. Just because we accept thieving as part of the game does not mean we find it more enjoyable to play with it, as you do. Yoyo was giving a suggestion so no reason to get so defensive about it, unless you are worried that changes will be made to thieving to make the game more enjoyable for others.
Age 1 Dubjean2 ; Age 2 Ryann; Age 3 Dubjean; Age 4 Sibyl; Age 5 Minnie; Age 6 Ekho
dubjean
Omniscient Chat Mama

Character name: Ekho
Clan: Leftucky

Postby StarBright » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Your garden variety Robin Hood!

Where did it say she was being exactly like Robin Hood? :hmmm:

If stealing should change to, as you say, “to make the game more enjoyable” then surely a lot of things should change too to make more happy. But then there will always be people who do not enjoy a certain part of the game. However they put up with it, as other parts of the game can be fun, otherwise no one would play it.

They have added a bank for those who want to keep their money safe from thieves and I think the nasty tax man. If people don’t want to pay for a key or the charges the bank have, then that’s their choice.

If people believe that there is more stealing in this age, then just go and be in age 3 again for a week.

And dubby darling, i think you will find we were just giving opinion on the idea. Which btw, was created by someone who, at one time, was on top of the thieves rank in age 4. ;)
StarBright
Shy neighbour

Game Age: 4-Greek
Clan: Child of Selene

Postby psye » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 am

Oh Dub, so I got a little dirty in the garden.. I guess I'm your garden variety Blackadder Robin Hood, he did ;)

If I let game tweaks and changes worry me as so many of you seem to do, I would take that as a hint about me and my life. These threads and your complaining and judging, they amuse me. I am not being defensive, I am being Gorey ;) keep that in mind, pet.

http://forum.human-age.com/viewtopic.php?f=482&t=22311
YOYO2 wrote:People attempt to rob me every other day...But they are part of the guild or have a robbers cape..It suxs but all part of the game...

'It sucks, but it's all part of the game.' :clap:
psye
Hermit

Postby YOYO2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:22 pm

I openly admitted to being on top of the Robbers guild for quite some time in a different forum thread.. But the difference between the ages was I was doing it for the XP not the crowns... In this age you don't get much in regards to xp for stealing from what I have been told. In age 4 the xp gain for me was about 80-100 xp gain for each robbery even if I only stole 5 crowns...only once I hit the max level (50) I stopped stealing, and still was on top of the leaders board for 3 months to follow...I earned money only after I left the guild in age 4 and started hunting..

I think everyone is either trying to defend stealing or outrage against it...This was not my intention.. I was only trying to make a suggestion that I feel would be beneficial to the game, as in age 4 there was a wealthy guild however in age 4 there was not benefit for it, and this is how they could improve that idea.

This forum is for sugesstions, not banter back and forth.. my opinion..

They made a change to benefit the robbers guild by making the magic key not protect a partners bag (which was ridiculous for everyone except robbers) So why would my idea be so ridiculous??

It will make people strive to be at the top ranking in money which will make it more competitive to be at the top of the list. Now that would be some fun.... :thumbup:
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Postby DragonFly » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I get what your saying YOYO and the topic of stealing does bring some high fueled emotions into the conversations on every thread. You were just hoping for a new guild :thumbup: Hey you hit on a good point tho, I think the key change was really shot out.. What a bad move. If your partner has a key, you dont, the key must be placed in one of the 5 places you have in your shared home for security, leaving only 4 spots. You want to be protected but with only 4 spaces left your highest bag security available is what 80%? So anyone who has a partner with a key has been stuck out in the open cause they arent even able to achieve full security without the purchase of another key.... :eh: Its a game tho, played thousands and they are all going to have disadvantages and advantages and there will always be people who find those. Like my husband who beat me 60 times in a row on mortal kombat, now thats an a** whipping
Ї @м Ḳαℛм@

ℱℱ Å₥♭@ṧ﹩αḓ◎я & ฿αηк℮ґ
℣ḯℓℓα❡ℯ ◎ḟ ℭ@мℯℓ◎т ℬυїℓ∂εя
Åℊℯs 3&4 ℱℱ ℃ℓ@ᾔ ₡♄ї℮ƒ ❣
Ṕяαℯṫøґḯ@ᾔ ¢ø♄◎ґт Ṽḯʟℓα❡ε ℭ♄ḯℯƒ

▪▪▪ αᾔḓ αℓʟ @яøυᾔḓ ßα∂ ℊїяℓ ♥

DragonFly
Shy neighbour

Character name: DragonFly
Clan: Falcons of Florence

Postby YOYO2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 am

Just to point out to starbright this was for a guild suggestion, not to say that the top of the rankings in money automatically get a benefit....To get the benefit you would have to join the guild. Every guild has there own advantages. as for what you were saying about the top 10 robbers...they do get access to the Robbers guild. In that guild you do not lose a rep point and are annonomous so they don't need a roppers cape. so thats the benefit(they don't need to buy a robbers cape).. Where my suggestion would be a counter to that guild. So you would be protected and not need a magic key. Just like the robbers guild does not have to buy a cape to be hidden. Cause they are already hidden. As for mercs their benefit is they can take part in any war. So like I said not a free benefit its a guild suggestion with it's own benefit. :clap:
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Postby DragonFly » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 am

The robbers guild in this age is like age 3, your not always hidden.. so if we had a wealthy guild you wouldnt always be protected :hmmm:
Ї @м Ḳαℛм@

ℱℱ Å₥♭@ṧ﹩αḓ◎я & ฿αηк℮ґ
℣ḯℓℓα❡ℯ ◎ḟ ℭ@мℯℓ◎т ℬυїℓ∂εя
Åℊℯs 3&4 ℱℱ ℃ℓ@ᾔ ₡♄ї℮ƒ ❣
Ṕяαℯṫøґḯ@ᾔ ¢ø♄◎ґт Ṽḯʟℓα❡ε ℭ♄ḯℯƒ

▪▪▪ αᾔḓ αℓʟ @яøυᾔḓ ßα∂ ℊїяℓ ♥

DragonFly
Shy neighbour

Character name: DragonFly
Clan: Falcons of Florence

Postby YOYO2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:41 am

DOh.... Thank you dragon fly for clearing that up :thumbup: , I thought it was the same as age 4 that you were always hidden and you did not lose any rep points...Since that is the only age I was in that guild...
YOYO2
Shy neighbour

Postby psye » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:40 pm

More times than not, that i've seen, those in the guild without a cape have been caught and thrown in jail. It doesn't hide you enough for the guild to be worth while. This is why a lot of thieves don't join the guild, they just join another.
psye
Hermit

Next

Return to Forum Queries