Been ages since I was last here.

This is where you can talk about everything and nothing, the weather, other games you play, whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Game Moderators

Re: Been ages since I was last here.

Postby EpIeNd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 pm

For old times' sake i have created another account just to see this game almost dead. It made me sad :(
EpIeNd
Newcomer

Game Age: 3-Egyptian
Character name: EpIeNd
Clan: Khran Ra-Zeh

Postby Eastyboy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Yeah, every now and again I come back to see if anything has changed but the place seems deserted now, unfortunately.
Eastyboy
Juni's Very Lovable Ninja Pupz <3

Game Age: 2-Celtic
Character name: Ollie775
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby animary » Thu May 01, 2014 2:30 am

The game isn't dead yet! We recently heard from the remaining developer; once some legal entanglements have been cleared up he will be moving the game to new servers and start working on it again. Our ranks have been decimated since the server crash a year ago, but we're hanging on.
age 2 - animary
age 4 - kuneho
animary
Active neighbour

Clan: Frozen Feet

Postby Eastyboy » Fri May 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Ah, that's great news! :D
Eastyboy
Juni's Very Lovable Ninja Pupz <3

Character name: Ollie775
Clan: Tooth Grinders

Postby SilverKiwi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:21 am

Sasa wrote:-blows off dust-

Hellooooo?

what's the crack
[FF]dead Chieftess Teganne[/FF]
SilverKiwi A4 - Mother to Sirius, Wife to simonstern
The Kennel Club Ghost AE ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_56PWFp7Fw
SilverKiwi
Respected citizen

Game Age: 5-Medieval
Character name: SilverKiwi, Teganne
Clan: Order of Cerberus

Postby wotan1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:59 pm

This place looks empty
Nemo sine vitio est.
Read fan-fiction stories from games I've played here
Gamling Wotansson, Jarl of Norsemen -- a Darkfall roleplay clan
wotan1
Shy neighbour

Character name: Wotann
Clan: Dancing Belly

Postby Dread » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:30 am

Wow, It has been years since I even thought of coming back here. Kinda seems like things died down after I left. Too bad, I have some good memories of people, chatting playing around here. ;)
EH Forever
Age 2 Dread Age 4 Dreadme
Lover of Feather Frost
Dread
Either the bravest or the most insane person ive ever met lol

Game Age: 4-Greek
Character name: Dread
Clan: Egg Heads

Postby animary » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

For those returning for nostalgia, especially the "old timers" (I only started in June 2010), no one knows the status of this game now.

In 2010 behind the scenes animosities led to a schism between the original developers (the final post from Chris here, Sept '10, touches on this); one developer remained, trying to keep the game going. I suspect his talents were not sufficient to cover all aspects of the game (chat wasn't working when I started, and the message was merely "the person who programmed chat is gone") and bugs slowly crept in. Players began drifting away; when I evolved to Age 2 in Nov. '10 the Footies had about 230 members, when I became clan leader a year later there were 130. In spring of 2013 all servers went down for a week, but the clocks continued running so a few people "died" and many lost items due to conservation; when the servers came back up PMs no longer worked in Age 2 and about a third of the players left (the Footies dropped from 90 before the crash to 60 afterwards). It was around this time the remaining developer made his only appearance (on the French forums, you can find a translation in the forums here), stating he now had control of the game and all would be fixed soon ...no one has heard from him since. About a month later the Age 4 (Greek Age) server disappeared and the domain name was sold (lol, for a few months the URL led to a Tokyo brothel). By mid summer it seemed every remaining age was plagued by bugs which prevented evolving; in Age 1 completion of an essential quest didn't register, in Age 2 PEs stopped working, etc. Players left in droves, but the diehards remained and soldiered on.

In October 2014 (there were 30 Footies left in Age 2 at that point) the clocks stopped. To this day the game still thinks it is Oct. 4, 2014. And hardly anyone remains. I still check Age 2 daily, only takes a second to see it is still "Oct. 4"; one other clan leader checks in occasionally; I've heard from two other players in Age 2 this year ... I think both were final messages.

This game was odd, quirky, often irritating, frequently illogical; and we loved it. Of all the online games I've played this was my favorite. It deserved better than such an ignominious death. Over the years several players with programming experience volunteered to help, but received no response; at least once someone offered to buy the game, but no response; administrators and moderators here admitted the developer never even responded to messages from them. In this length of time any decent programmer could have created this game from scratch; whoever remains in charge should either fix the game, sell it to someone who will, or pull the plug.

But I will continue checking in til the server disappears.
age 2 - animary
age 4 - kuneho
animary
Active neighbour

Clan: Frozen Feet

Postby nogarey » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Nostalgia indeed!

Old times.. well - it's true some good things come to an end.
legs!
Celtic: Noga
Greek: Noga
KA: TheNog
WA: nogarey
nogarey
Officially Sambal Samba

Game Age: 6-Western
Character name: nogarey
Clan: Troglahoma

Previous

Return to The Round Table